Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    November 29, 2025
    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    November 29, 2025
    Takumi Minamino (right) joined Monaco from Liverpool in June 2022

    10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara
    • Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria
    • 10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner
    • Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike
    • Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat
    • Barcelona get dominant 3-1 win against Alaves
    • Foden scores late winner as Man City beat Leeds
    • BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Chelsea agree to sell Diego Costa to Atletico Madrid

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorSeptember 21, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Chelsea have agreed to sell Diego Costa to Atletico Madrid after terms were agreed
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Chelsea have agreed to sell Diego Costa to Atletico Madrid after terms were agreed

    Chelsea have agreed terms with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of striker Diego Costa back to the Spanish club.

    The move, which will be completed in January, is subject to the agreement of personal terms and a medical.

    Atletico said the 28-year-old, who left the club to join Chelsea in 2014, would have a medical in the next few days.

    Spain international Costa has not played for the Blues this season, and spent much of August in his native Brazil.

    READ: Michy Batshuayi bag hat-trick as Chelsea thrash Forest 5-1

    He cannot be registered as a player for the La Liga outfit until January, when the club’s transfer window ban comes to an end.

    The two teams play each other next Wednesday in the Champions League.

    Brazil-born Costa joined Chelsea from Atletico for a reported £32m three years ago.

    Chelsea Football Club has today agreed terms with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Diego Costa… https://t.co/TpJBp3W2Lf pic.twitter.com/5o6OM10inP

    — Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) September 21, 2017

    He scored 58 goals in 120 appearances for the Blues, including 20 in the Premier League last season as Chelsea won the title.

    Costa has not appeared for the London club this campaign and spent much of August in his native Brazil.

    He was told by text message that he was not in Antonio Conte’s plans for this season.

    The striker stated this summer his wish to return to Atletico, and said Chelsea were treating him like “a criminal” by demanding an “impossible fee”.

    His position in the team had also been placed under threat by the arrival of striker Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid during the last transfer window.

    Problems between Costa and Chelsea surfaced earlier in the year when he was left out of the Chelsea side for an away match at Leicester having been involved in a dispute with a fitness coach.

    This followed reports of an offer from China that would have been worth £30m a year in salary. At the time, Chelsea said they had no intention of selling him.

    Later in that month, Tianjin Quanjian’s owner said a bid to sign Costa had been scuppered by new rules over foreign players in the Chinese Super League.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Takumi Minamino (right) joined Monaco from Liverpool in June 2022

    10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner

    Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat

    Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat

    Barcelona

    Barcelona get dominant 3-1 win against Alaves

    Foden scores late winner as Man City beat Leeds

    Foden scores late winner as Man City beat Leeds

    NFF in fresh $960,000 FIFA Women World Cup scandal

    NFF in fresh $960,000 FIFA Women World Cup scandal

    Mikel Arteta was appointed as Arsenal head coach in 2019

    Arteta believes Chelsea ‘fully deserving’ title rivals ahead of clash

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    November 29, 2025
    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    November 29, 2025
    Takumi Minamino (right) joined Monaco from Liverpool in June 2022

    10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner

    November 29, 2025
    Resident doctors to get N11.99bn as FG moves to end strike

    Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike

    November 29, 2025
    Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat

    Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.