Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    May 23, 2026
    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy
    • INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action
    • WHO loses member country as Argentina quits
    • 2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries
    • Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election
    • Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister
    • ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition
    • NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    CBN injects $210m into foriegn exchange market

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJanuary 15, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    CBN allows licensed BDCs access NFEM for $150,000 weekly FX
    Dollar notes
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Dollar bills

    The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has injected another 210 million dollars into the inter-bank Foreign Exchange Market to meet customers’ requests in various segments.

    Giving a breakdown of the intervention, the bank’s acting Director, Corporate Communications, Mr Isaac Okorafor on Monday in Abuja said that 100 million dollars was offered to authorised dealers in the wholesale segment of the market.

    He said that the Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) segment received the sum of 55 million dollars.



    Also, customers requiring foreign exchange for tuition fees, medical payments and Basic Travel Allowance (BTA), among others were allocated the sum of 55 million dollars.

    Okorafor said also that bidders who made bids in the wholesale window would receive value for the bids on Tuesday.

    Read Also Stoke City appoint Paul Lambert as new manager

    He reassured the public that the CBN would continue to intervene in the interbank foreign exchange market in line with its resolve to sustain liquidity in the market and maintain stability.

    According to him, the steps taken so far by the CBN in forex management had yielded many positive results, particularly as it had to do with reduction in the country’s import bills and accretion to its foreign reserves.

    It will be recalled that the CBN last Friday, intervened in the Retail Secondary Market Intervention Sales (SMIS) to the tune of 262.5 million dollars, to cater for requests in the agricultural, airlines, petroleum products and raw materials and machinery sectors.

    Meanwhile, the naira continued its stability in the FOREX market, exchanging at an average of N360 to a dollar in the Bureau De Change segment of the market.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    Former Minister of Power Adebayo Adelabu, who resigned to contest the Oyo governorship primaries, has failed to clinch the ticket of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

    Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister

    AAC’s Sowore says he is running to win in 2027

    ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition

    NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market

    NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    May 23, 2026
    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    May 23, 2026
    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.