Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar criticising Nigeria’s response to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

    ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks

    May 18, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks
    • WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
    • 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
    • NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
    • Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
    • Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings
    • Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2
    • Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Buhari presides over FEC meeting in Abuja

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorAugust 30, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    President Muhammadu Buhari will dissolve FEC on 22 May
    FILE: President Muhammadu Buhari presiding over FEC
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    President Muhammadu Buhari presides over a Federal Executive Council meeting at the Council Chamber of the State House in Abuja

    President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to preside over the Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting at the Council Chamber of the State House in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital today.

    Last week, Buhari cancelled the FEC meeting but did not give any reason for doing so.

    But the FEC meeting is expected to hold today as the President looks increasingly fitter following 104 days on medical vacation in London.

    In a statement by his Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, the President said, “The meeting of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) will not hold today.”

    Adesina however noted that President Buhari who is working from home will receive the Report of the investigation committee into the allegations against the suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal and the Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), Ayo Oke, headed by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, at 12 noon, in his office.

    READ: Kachikwu masterminds landmark Gas Sale Aggregation Agreement

    The outcome of the investigation on the two men is yet to be made public by the President.

    It would be recalled that on 19 April, President Buhari suspended the director-general of National Intelligence Agency, Ambassador Ayo Oke and the Secretary to the Federal Government, Engineer Babachir David Lawal.

    Both men were mired in some controversies and the President had ordered full scale investigations into their cases.

    Babachir Lawal was indicted by a Senate Committee probing the disbursement of funds meant for the Internally Displaced Persons camps.

    The Committee alleged that Lawal awarded a N200m contract to a company linked with him to cut grass at an IDP camp.

    Meanwhile, Ayo Oke was linked recently with the shocking discovery of $43.45million in a private apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

    He claimed the money belonged to his agency and was approved by the former president Goodluck Jonathan for some covert operation.

    President Buhari was said to be furious with the claim as he had never been briefed about the fund by the DG who was appointed by Jonathan and was kept on the job by Buhari.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar criticising Nigeria’s response to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

    ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    Benue: Protesting Plateau women destroy military checkpoints over killings

    Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar criticising Nigeria’s response to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

    ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks

    May 18, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.