Author: Vincent Osuwo

Jeremy Doku put Manchester City ahead in the ninth minute of the match against Juventus

Manchester City overcame a few major frights and an injury blow to defeat League Two Salford City in the FA Cup and secured their spot in Monday’s fifth-round draw. The seven-time champions, who scored 10 against Exeter City in the third round, began swiftly on Saturday when Alfie Dorrington scored an own goal within six minutes. Nevertheless, the hosts—making nine changes—found it difficult to extend their advantage and lost defender Max Alleyne due to injury in the 22nd minute. Salford, beaten 8-0 by City in last season’s third round, regrouped after an early goal and nearly scored twice before halftime.…

Read More
Troops kill 61 ISWAP terrorists in Borno offensive

Troops of the Headquarters Joint Task Force (North East) Operation HADIN KAI have eliminated scores of terrorists and recovered a large cache of arms during sustained offensive operations across the theater under Operation DESERT SANITY V. This was disclosed in a press release signed by the Media Information Officer, Headquarters Joint Task Force (North East) Operation HADIN KAI, Lieutenant Colonel Sani Uba. According to the statement, “Troops of the Headquarters Joint Task Force (North East) Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK) have continued to sustain offensive operations across the theater under Operation DESERT SANITY V, recording significant operational successes.” It noted that…

Read More
Man City reject £38.5m Barcelona bid for Rodri

The Football Association has charged Manchester City player Rodri with misconduct for statements he made concerning referees after his side’s 2-2 draw at Tottenham earlier this month. The 29-year-old was incensed that a Dominic Solanke goal was allowed to stand after the Spurs forward seemed to kick through the leg of City defender Marc Guehi. While the FA did not clarify the specific comments the allegation refers to, Rodri accused referee Robert Jones of not being “neutral.” “I know we won too much, and the people don’t want us to win, but the referee has to be neutral,” said the…

Read More
Juventus sack coach Igor Tudor

Tottenham confirmed the appointment of Igor Tudor as their interim manager until the end of the season on Saturday. Former Juventus boss Tudor replaces Thomas Frank, who was relieved of his duties on Wednesday with Tottenham languishing only five points above the Premier League relegation zone. The Croatian and Tottenham’s hierarchy reached a verbal agreement on Friday, and the deal has now been sealed. “It is an honor to join this club at an important moment,” Tudor said. “I understand the responsibility I have been handed, and my focus is clear. To bring greater consistency to our performances and compete…

Read More
Police arrest woman over Nigerian driver’s murder in South Africa

South African police have detained a female suspect in the early February murder of Isaac Satlat, a 22-year-old Nigerian e-hailing driver, in Pretoria West. The Gauteng Police Command confirmed the arrest following investigations into the horrific hijacking and murder of the Bolt driver, who was assaulted while on duty. His death has generated indignation among Nigerians both at home and abroad. According to the South African online journal IOL, the incident took place on February 11, 2026, when the victim was allegedly beaten inside his vehicle after picking up passengers who had requested an e-hailing ride. According to preliminary findings,…

Read More
Suspect confesses to raiding Super Falcons hotel rooms to steal

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has confirmed that Morocco remains the host nation for the 2026 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations, WAFCON. Speaking after a CAF Executive Committee meeting in Dar es Salaam, CAF president Dr. Patrice Motsepe addressed the rumors directly, confirming on Friday that the tournament will take place as planned from March 17 to April 3, 2026. Motsepe addressed rumors about the 16th edition of Africa’s women’s football league, saying, “There is discussion taking place, and a lot of competitions. Morocco came to assist. “There were many countries that wanted to host it, but because we…

Read More
The terrorists responsible for the abduction of 176 victims in the Kaiama LGA of Kwara State have threatened to marry and kill the victims.

Attacks by terrorists in Kwara State may not be abating anytime soon, as the hoodlums have started circulating warning letters to several communities in the state. Chronicle NG gathered that in the last six days, they had sent letters to four different communities in Kwara, threatening to strike at any time. It was gathered that on Thursday, a letter was dropped in Ira, a community linking Inaja and Aho towns in the Oyun Local Government Area. The bandits had earlier sent a threat letter to the Dunshigogo community in Kaiama LGA, Kwara state, a few days after the February 3…

Read More
APC to resolve Fubara, Wike crisis

Rivers State Governor Siminalayi Fubara has stated that his decision to embrace what critics call “weakness” was motivated by the necessity for peace and survival, dedicating his Man of the Year award to the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike. On Friday, while accepting his honor at the New Telegraph Honor/Dinner Night in Lagos, Fubara gave an emotional speech about leadership, political pressure, and reconciliation. “Today for me is a very special day, and also special for everyone who has believed in me, and I know for believing in me, you have a share of special pain,” the…

Read More
Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, former governor of Kaduna State, has accused President Bola Tinubu’s administration of being behind an effort by US Congressman Riley Moore to blacklist former Kano State governor Rabiu Kwankwaso for alleged religious freedom breaches. He speculated that the move was related to Kwankwaso’s refusal to defect to the ruling All Progressives Congress and that rumors of the former governor’s impending defection to the African Democratic Congress may have spurred the action. El-Rufai said on Arise TV’s Prime Time program on Friday, describing Kwankwaso’s inclusion in Moore’s bill to blacklist Nigerians accused of inciting attacks on Christians as…

Read More
Funding delay threatens INEC's preparations for 2027 elections

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has noted public concerns about the scheduling of the 2027 general elections, which coincide with the holy month of Ramadan, a time of fasting and prayer for Muslims, and has stated that it will seek legislative intervention if necessary. Mohammed Kudu Haruna, National Commissioner and Chairman of the Information and Voter Education Committee, announced this in a statement issued on Friday. The commission explained that the timetable and schedule of activities for the 2027 general election were created in strict accordance with the Federal Republic of Nigeria’s Constitution, 1999 (as amended), the Electoral Act,…

Read More