- UI, UNILAG top Nigerian institutions in new ranking
- Wike reveals Tinubu allowed free, fair Osun polls
- Student livestreams Philippines school shooting before suicide
- ADC: We worked with Accord to stop APC from winning Osun election
- Trump declares Strait of Hormuz new US territory
- Wike says Tinubu’s reelection in 2027 will be easy
- Okechukwu remanded in Ghana prison over robbery plot
- NDLEA intercepts 184.5kg cocaine, arrests socialite KC Luxury
Author: Vincent Osuwo
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar’s media team has condemned Federal Capital Territory Minister Nyesom Wike for what it termed as a reckless statement thrown at Channels Television presenter Seun Okinbaloye, seeking a public apology. The controversy erupted after Wike made remarks during a media chat on Friday in response to Okinbaloye’s comments on Thursday’s Politics Today, which discussed the African Democratic Congress’ leadership crisis and its implications for opposition politics ahead of the 2027 elections. Okinbaloye expressed fears about the likelihood of a one-party state, which Wike criticized as improper for a journalist. While the minister later stressed that he…
Former Brazil midfielder Oscar has been forced to retire at the age of 34 with cardiac issues, his club Sao Paulo confirmed on Saturday. The offensive midfielder was hospitalised for five days in November after fainting during a regular examination, and he has not played since. A vasovagal syncope, caused by an abrupt reduction in blood pressure, heart rate, and cerebral blood flow, forced Oscar to end his career. He had a contract that was set to expire in 2027. “I am ending a career here in Sao Paulo that has taken me practically to the four corners of the…
President Bola Tinubu has vowed that his All Progressives Congress-led administration would defeat banditry and terrorism in Nigeria. Tinubu made this statement on Saturday during his speech at the commissioning of the Gateway International Airport in Iperu, Ogun State, along with a raft of other infrastructure projects. He said, “We will win over banditry and terrorism. I give you the assurance that we will invest more in our people.” The president added that the deployment of security vehicles at the event was a further demonstration of the government’s commitment to protecting lives and property. “The development of additional vehicles is…
Nine police officers were hurt, and a child was struck by a bottle before a football game in south Belfast on Friday night. Fireworks, flares, and bottles were hurled during the disturbance that occurred prior to Cliftonville’s loss to Dungannon Swifts in the Irish Cup semifinal at Windsor Park. One 19-year-old male has been arrested. It occurred during a permitted public procession ahead of the match, which drew approximately 250 people. Police claimed the majority of individuals acted calmly, but they observed “provocative behavior and the heavy use of pyrotechnics and fireworks—despite various warnings being issued against this.” The Parades…
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has denied a circulating press release claiming that the 2026 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination had been postponed, describing it as malicious and fake. In a statement on Saturday, the board warned candidates to disregard the false notice. “Our attention has been drawn to the malicious press release stating that the 2026 UTME has been postponed. The general public, particularly the candidates, are by this notice informed that the press release is fake and did not emanate from us. Kindly disregard it. All activities on the 2026 UTME continue as scheduled,” it read. JAMB…
The Nasarawa State Police Command has confirmed the deaths of 11 inhabitants of the Udege Development Area in the Nasarawa Local Government of the state as a result of ongoing violence between two communities. The two warring communities, Akyawa and Udege Kasa, battled in the early hours of Friday over various differences. In a statement released to journalists in Lafia, the capital of Nasarawa State, on Saturday, the command’s Police Public Relations Officer, SP Ramhan Nansel, explained that the casualties prompted the Commissioner of Police, Shetima Jauro Mohammed, to visit the communities in order to restore normalcy. According to Nansel,…
Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s 2023 presidential candidate, has encouraged Nigerians not to vote for President Bola Tinubu in the upcoming election, citing the president’s own campaign promise that he would be denied a second term if he did not improve energy supplies within four years. In a tweet on his X account on Saturday, Obi recalled Tinubu’s commitment during the 2023 presidential campaign. “If I don’t give you constant electricity in four years, don’t vote for me for a second term,” Obi quoted the president as saying. The former Anambra governor noted that the condition Tinubu set for himself…
A fire outbreak at a popular market in the Yaba area of Lagos State has thrown the area into confusion. The incident, which apparently began at 3 a.m., destroyed shops in the market, with eyewitnesses claiming that various items were destroyed in the inferno. Videos and images on social media showed dense smoke and flames devouring areas of the market, while vendors and locals tried to save their things. An eyewitness in a TikTok livestream, identified as Lugar Feliz, said firefighters were already on the scene and that the incident occurred near the Popo section of the Yaba market. Several…
Terrorists raided Nyango Gyel in the Jos South Local Government Area, of Plateau state on Friday, killing three people in a late-night attack. The terrorists broke into the community about 10:40 p.m. on Friday, shooting intermittently before escaping into the darkness, according to eyewitnesses and community sources. Rwang Tengwong, Secretary of the Berom Youth Moulders Association (BYM), verified the event with our correspondent in Jos, calling it “one too many.” He strongly condemned the attack, describing it as just another needless assault on innocent civilians going about their daily business. “This cycle of attacks on our rural communities must stop.…
Mrs. Favour Ayuba, the devastated mother of late Promise, who was murdered by terrorists in Jos, Plateau State, has instructed her late son to avenge his death. In a video obtained by our correspondent on Friday, the woman spoke in an emotional tone, saying she hadn’t eaten since the Palm Sunday terror assault that killed him. Mrs. Ayuba was previously seen in viral video footage wailing while cradling her son’s lifeless body, which had been hit by terrorist bullets. The most recent violence in Plateau State happened on March 29, Palm Sunday, in the Angwan Rukuba region of the Jos…












