- Student livestreams Philippines school shooting before suicide
- ADC: We worked with Accord to stop APC from winning Osun election
- Trump declares Strait of Hormuz new US territory
- Wike says Tinubu’s reelection in 2027 will be easy
- Okechukwu remanded in Ghana prison over robbery plot
- NDLEA intercepts 184.5kg cocaine, arrests socialite KC Luxury
- Wike orders demolition of houses built on FCT drainage paths
- Abuja floods: Wike orders demolition of houses on waterways
Author: Vincent Osuwo
Plateau State Governor Caleb Mutfwang conducted an extended State Security Council meeting on Wednesday, attended by security agency heads and chairmen of the state’s 17 Local Government Areas. Gyang Bere, the governor’s director of press and public affairs, confirmed this in a statement, stressing that the meeting was part of measures to address increased insecurity and build peaceful cohabitation. The incident comes on the heels of a series of attacks that purportedly killed at least 50 people in villages across the state over the last week. Bere stated that the meeting, held at the Government House in Jos, assessed the…
Former Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi has called on the federal government not to turn Nigeria into a one-party state. Obi made the call while speaking during the #OccupyINEC protest on Wednesday. “We are simply holding a peaceful demonstration to say that we cannot have a one-party system in our country. It is a democratic nation. We are appealing to those in government: do not destroy our democracy. We need it for our children and for generations to come. Nigerians must have the freedom to choose who leads them. This is critical for our country,” Obi said. Chronicle NG…
Israel conducted a series of attacks in Beirut on Wednesday, prompting citizens to panic in the most devastating attack on the capital since the beginning of the conflict with Hezbollah. The Israeli military claimed to have carried out its “largest coordinated strike across Lebanon.” Israel has stressed that the two-week truce in its war with Iran does not extend to Lebanon. According to AFP journalists, simultaneous strikes in the capital occurred without warning, leading people on the streets to run and vehicles to beep their horns in an effort to clear the way. “I saw the blast; it was very…
Israel said on Wednesday that it supports US President Donald Trump’s decision to stop his bombing of Iran but that the 11th-hour ceasefire did not include Lebanon. Washington and Tehran reached an agreement for a two-week cease-fire on Tuesday, only an hour before Trump’s ultimatum to destroy Iran expired. Tehran announced that it would ensure safe passage for marine commerce via the Strait of Hormuz for two weeks, using the break to have discussions with the US on ending the war. Negotiations in Pakistan were scheduled to begin Friday. “Israel supports President Trump’s decision to suspend strikes against Iran for…
United States President Donald Trump on Wednesday warned against supplying weapons to Iran, threatening immediate 50 percent US tariffs on any country that does so. “A Country supplying Military Weapons to Iran will be immediately tariffed, on any and all goods sold to the United States of America, 50%, effective immediately. There will be no exclusions or exemptions,” Trump said on his Truth Social platform. He also stated in a separate post that his administration is “talking Tariff and Sanctions relief with Iran,” several hours after he announced a temporary ceasefire with Tehran which had agreed to temporarily reopen the…
Leaders and members of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) joined a large protest in Abuja on Wednesday, protesting decisions by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that they said undermined democracy and the party’s internal leadership. The demonstration, tagged #OccupyINEC, drew former presidential candidates and prominent politicians, including Rotimi Amaechi, Atiku Abubakar, Peter Obi, Rabiu Kwankwaso, Rauf Aregbesola, Aminu Tambuwal, and Dino Melaye, to Maitama Roundabout. Among others, hundreds of Kwankwasiyya members also participated. Participants in the event sang Nigeria’s former national hymn, “Arise, O Compatriots!” despite the fact that President Bola Tinubu replaced it on May 29, 2024, with…
Lecturers at the University of Jos (UNIJOS) have embarked on an indefinite strike over the non-payment of their March 2026 salary. The chairman of the institution’s branch of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, Professor Jurbe Molwus, confirmed the development in an interview with in Jos on Wednesday. “We are on strike, and we are not going to work until we are paid,” Molwus said. He also stated that the industrial action took effect from Wednesday, April 8, 2026. In a statement distributed to lecturers and signed by the ASUU UNIJOS chairperson, the union expressed unhappiness with the delay…
US President Donald Trump has sparked controversy after alleging that a report aired by CNN was sourced from a “fake news site from Nigeria,” while disputing Iran’s claim of victory following a ceasefire agreement. Trump made the claim in a post on his Truth Social platform on Wednesday, shortly after announcing a two-week ceasefire between the US and Iran. Reacting to a statement attributed to Iran, he said, “The alleged statement put out by CNN World News is a fraud, as CNN well knows.” He added, “The false statement was linked to a Fake News site (from Nigeria) and, of course,…
The suspension of the planned strike by the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors has made patients and medical personnel across Nigeria breathe a sigh of relief. Patients and staff at Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH) and Plateau State Specialist Hospital were relieved by the reprieve. Even before the brief strike was called off, services at the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital were virtually undisturbed. Medical activities at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital proceeded as the strike approached, with the exception of outpatient services, which were briefly disrupted. On Tuesday, the NARD planned to launch an indefinite strike over delayed…
The Nigerian DJ Association has issued a temporary ban on all Burna Boy songs, asking DJs in Nigeria and abroad to remove the artist from their playlists following a reported altercation between the singer and DJ Tunez at a private Lagos event. Burna Boy and his crew were accused of getting into a physical conflict with disc jockey Michael Babatunde Adeyinka, also known as DJ Tunez. According to eyewitness stories that circulated online, the incident occurred inside a nightclub, where a quarrel turned into a brawl. Multiple people were stated to be involved, with DJ Tunez allegedly assaulted throughout the…











