- Mirabel returns after false rape claim, says ‘rehab couldn’t help’
- Quevin Castro dies after collapsing during match in Portugal
- SEC proposes N30m registration fee for digital asset firms
- US lawmaker blasts Nigeria over deadly Plateau killings
- Tottenham suffer embarrassing 3-0 against Brentford
- 15 migrants missing after boat sinks off Tunisia coast
- Infantino asked to steer clear of youth tournament
- Messi fined for slapping opponent in MLS match
Author: Opalim Lifted
Nigerian MC Walter is planning a 130-hour entertainment marathon in which he will stand and talk. Guinness World Records has already approved the MC application to host the event. He promised to finish in 130 hours and create a new world record. “I will be the only one on stage,” he stated, “as I stand to entertain people for 130 hours.”
Tottenham have reached a verbal agreement to sign Manor Solomon. The 23-year-old is set to undergo a medical this week before signing his contract with the Spurs. The winger was at Fulham last season, where he scored five times in 24 appearances, and Cottagers’ manager Marco Silva had been keen to keep him. He joined Fulham on loan from Shakhtar Donetsk after exercising a FIFA rule allowing Ukraine-based players to suspend their contracts. The rule, which applies to players who are not Ukrainian nationals, was introduced by FIFA following the invasion by Russia. Maddison suffers backlash over an alleged 2012…
The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal has adjourned the court hearing of the Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate, Peter Obi, due to witnesses absence. This was as a result of the Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC) inability to open its defence in the absence of its three witnesses. Obi’s petition will continue on Tuesday, July 4, 2023.
The President, Bola Tinubu, has unequivocally rejected the conclusion of the European Union and their plans to discredit the 2023 general elections conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission. Tinubu said he won clearly and fairly as the then-candidate of the All Progressives Congress. His spokesman, Dele Alake noted, that for emphasis, we want to reiterate that the 2023 general elections, most especially the presidential election won by President Bola Tinubu/All Progressives Congress, were credible, peaceful, free, fair, and the best organized general elections in Nigeria since 1999. Alake, Special Adviser to the President, Bola Tinubu, communicated in a press…
Liverpool have signed versatile Hungarian midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai from Bundesliga side RB Leipzig, the Premier League club said on Sunday. The 22-year-old Hungary captain arrives at Anfield after British media reported Liverpool paid a 70 million euro ($76.37 million) release clause in his contract. Szoboszlai becomes the club’s second recruit under new sporting director Jorg Schmadtke after Argentine Alexis Mac Allister as Liverpool look to revamp their midfield following a disappointing season. “The last three or four days went really long; it was not that easy. But at the end, I’m here, I’m happy, and I can’t wait to get…
South Africa’s Zulu King Misuzulu kaZwelithini is being treated in a hospital for suspected poisoning, his traditional prime minister has said. The king sought medical attention in Eswatini as he is uncomfortable with seeking treatment in South Africa, Chief Mangosuthu Buthelezi added. This follows the sudden death of one of his senior advisers, also of suspected poisoning, Chief Buthelezi said. However, the king’s official spokesman said he was in “perfect health”. The monarch was currently not in the hospital, and “unnecessary panic” should not be created, Prince Africa Zulu said, in what appeared to be an indirect reference to Chief…
Senator Shehu Sani, who has been a fierce social critic of the federal and state governments security measures and vocal against the damaging effects of bandits forays in Nigeria, has revealed how dialogue with bandits failed in Nigeria. Sani, in a social media post, unequivocally stated that dialogue with brigand will not work because of these reasons. Sani noted that “they are not an armed movement founded for the pursuit of any religious, ethnic, or political causes other than extortion by atrocious blackmail, abductions, and cold-blooded murder of innocent citizens”. He also wrote that they are not united under a…
A Nigerian has called on the President, Bola Tinubu, to revisit the “Twitter ban” post-agreement the federal government had with the social media company under Buhari’s led federal government. The Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, under ex-Minister Lai Mohammed, led the negotiations with Twitter under Jack Dorsey, co-founder and former CEO, and reached an agreement that Twitter must remit 30% revenue tax and own an office in Nigeria, among other things. Osinbajo working to lift Twitter ban – Sources Prince Adeshina tweeted on his Verified Twitter page, as stated, that caught the attention of Tweeps, Chronicle NG reports. “TIME…
Hebert Wigwe, Group Managing Director of Access Holdings, has acquired 50 million shares to solidify his position as the bank’s dominant shareholder. The transaction was disclosed in a notification of insider trading to the Nigerian Exchange Limited. Sunday Ekwochi, the company’s secretary, signed. The 50 million units of Access Holdings Plc were purchased for N762.5 million at N15.25 per share.Wigwe obtained the shares through his firm, Tengen Holdings (Mauritius) Limited. Since April, when he acquired around 1.13 billion units, the bank’s GMD has been buying more shares. His holdings in are distributed among many organisations. His recent barrage of share…
Gunmen stormed the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) in Abule-Ori in Obafemi Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State on Saturday, killing the Pastor and abducting seven worshippers. Soji Ganzallo, Commander of the Ogun State government-owned security group, So-Safe Corps, verified the event and claimed his officers rescued the seven church members and killed one of the gunmen during the operation. In a statement made accessible to newsmen in Abeokuta, So-Safe’s Director of Information and Public Relations, Moruf Yusuf, said the event occurred at 12 a.m. on Saturday, July 1. Ganzallo said “the special operation team of the Corps,…











