- SEC proposes N30m registration fee for digital asset firms
- US lawmaker blasts Nigeria over deadly Plateau killings
- Tottenham suffer embarrassing 3-0 against Brentford
- 15 migrants missing after boat sinks off Tunisia coast
- Infantino asked to steer clear of youth tournament
- Messi fined for slapping opponent in MLS match
- Newly promoted Hull City stun Man United 2-0 in EPL clash
- Police vehicle crash kills many in Uk
Author: Opalim Lifted
President Bola Tinubu has unveiled a detailed food security plan after the state of emergency declaration. “Today, we declared a state of emergency and unveiled a comprehensive intervention plan on food security, affordability, and sustainability, taking decisive action to tackle food inflation. These are steps towards a more food-secure Nigeria for all, Tinubu said”. Our new initiatives will tackle rising food costs, enhance agriculture, and boost job creation. No one will be left behind in our efforts to ensure affordable, plentiful food for every Nigerian. Dele Alake, spokesman to the president, briefed the media on the food security plan, Chronicle…
The Nigeria Police Force has continued efforts to combat crime and criminality and curb the proliferation of illegal weapons nationwide with its recent progress report. CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, Force PRO, released the statement on Thursday, Chronicle NG reports. The Nigeria Police Force, in its ongoing efforts to combat crime and criminality and curb the proliferation of illegal weapons in the country, has recorded several notable breakthroughs in the past 2 months, resulting in the arrest of 1,412 Suspects for various violent crimes, including 548 suspects for Armed Robbery, 242 suspects for Kidnapping, 365 suspects for murder or homicide, and 237…
The House of Representatives has approved a sum of N500 billion in less than 24 hours after President Bola Tinubu requested that the Federal Government roll out palliatives following the removal of subsidy on Premium Motor Spirit (petrol). Palliatives: I don’t want cash transfers in wrong hands – Tinubu The House of Reps on Thursday approved the request by amending the Supplementary Budget, thereby granting the request by the president. It would be recalled that President Tinubu had, in a letter on Wednesday, sought the approval of the N500 billion. The House of reps swiftly considered the bill and passed…
Treble winners Manchester City received more payments than any other club from FIFA for releasing players for last year’s World Cup in Qatar. City received $4.6 million (£3.54 million) from the world governing body’s total of $209 million (£160.91 million) in payments to clubs, with Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, and Paris St-Germain next on the list. English clubs received more than those in any other country: $37.7 million (£29 million), while the £158.9 million (£122.33 million) handed over to European teams accounted for 76% of the overall sum distributed. The payments were made according to the number of days…
FIFA will pay out $209 million to clubs whose players competed at last year’s World Cup finals in Qatar, the world’s governing body said on Thursday. The money will be distributed to 440 clubs from 51 different nations whose players competed in the competition in November and December, which Argentina won. FIFA gives away 20,000 free Women’s World Cup tickets FIFA will pay a daily fee of $10,950 to each of the World Cup’s 837 footballers, regardless of how many minutes they play throughout the event. The sum for each player is split and allocated to the club or clubs…
FIFA said it is giving away 20,000 free tickets for Women’s World Cup games in Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, and Dunedin amid concerns about the slow pace of sales in New Zealand. FIFA bans Al-Nassr over failure to pay Ahmed Musa’s transfer add-ons Co-hosts Australia have snapped up the lion’s share of the 1 million tickets sold so far, with their ‘Matildas’ team seen as a genuine title threat. FIFA’s chief women’s football officer, Sarai Bareman, said it was more difficult to attract fans to soccer stadiums in New Zealand due to the sport’s lower profile in the country, while the…
Dele Alli has claimed he was molested as a six-year-old child in a harrowing and brave interview with Gary Neville. England star Dele, 27, has returned to Everton for pre-season after a difficult spell in Turkey, which led to him checking himself into rehab due to an addiction to sleeping tablets. The ex-Tottenham star has now bravely opened up about his traumatic childhood with his birth family before he was adopted at the age of 12 and claims his birth mother battled an alcohol addiction. Speaking to Neville on The Overlap, an emotional Dele said, “It is something I haven’t…
Nigeria has reaffirmed its commitment to meeting its debt service obligations as it redeems a 500 million US Dollar Eurobond on its due date, which is July 2023. FG set to shut down online banks harassing debtors The Eurobond was issued in July 2013 as part of a dual-tranche 1 billion dollar Eurobond for a tenor of ten years at a coupon of 6.375% per annum. Nigeria had previously redeemed a 500 million dollar Eurobond in July 2018, Another 500 million dollar Eurobond in January 2021, and a 300 million dollar Diaspora Bond in June 2022. In a statement, the…
Troops from the Nigerian Army’s 3 Division neutralized three bandits in the Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State on Wednesday. The criminals were annihilated as the military bravely battled through an ambush set up by the bandits as they responded to a distress call in the Mangu, Plateau state. The forces collected three AK-47 weapons, 14 rounds of 7.62 mm Special ammunition, one motorcycle, and a Constabulary Police Identity Card after effectively clearing the ambush. Troops are currently on the lookout for bandits who escaped from the gunfight with bullet wounds.
The President, Bola Tinubu, assured Nigerians on Wednesday that they will soon get palliatives to cushion the effect of fuel subsidy removal. He said this during the reception of his Class of 1999 Governors at the State House, where they felicitated with him and discussed Nigerians plights. Dele Alake, spokesman for President Tinubu, made this statement available, Chronicle NG reports. President Tinubu assured Nigerians Wednesday in Abuja that the framework for palliatives to remedy the effects of fuel subsidy removal was being worked out, assuring that the decision was in the best interest of the country, especially in guaranteeing future…










