Author: Opalim Lifted

Shakhtar Donetsk last beat Barcelona in December, 2008

Barcelona missed out on becoming the first side to reach the Champions League knockout stages as they were stunned by Shakhtar Donetsk. Danylo Sikan scored the game’s only goal, meeting Giorgi Gocholeishvili’s cross with a looping header. Newerton thought he had added a late second, but the teenager’s effort was ruled out for offside. Barcelona needed a point in Hamburg to advance from Group H with two matches to spare, but they were made to wait. Despite dominating possession, the visitors were unable to break down the Ukrainian champions. Kane scores four as Spurs thrash Shakhtar However, Xavi’s side remain…

Read More
Hilda Baci earns third Guinness World Record title

Nigerian chef Hilda Bassey, commonly known as Hilda Baci, has removed the title of world record holder for the longest cooking marathon by an individual from her bio on X. This development comes hours after the Guinness World Record announced an Irish chef, Alan Fisher, as the latest world record holder for the title on Tuesday, November 7. In a post on X on Tuesday evening, Hilda Baci wrote, “Just as Chef Lata respectfully acknowledged the new record holder by updating her bio and later fine-tuning the wording, I’ve adjusted mine too. “Achieving such a record is no small feat,…

Read More
DSS nabs NLC President, Joe Ajaero

The leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) has ordered an immediate shutdown of flights and power supply in Imo State. The leadership of the two unions reached the resolution after an extraordinary National Executive Council meeting on Tuesday in Abuja. Chronicle NG reports that the two unions also announced a complete nationwide strike that will begin on Tuesday, November 14, 2023, in a communiqué that TUC President Festus Osifo and NLC Deputy President Adewale Adeyanju co-signed after the meeting. Labour accused the Governor Hope Uzodimma administration of non-compliance with the national minimum wage,…

Read More
DSS nabs NLC President, Joe Ajaero

The leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) has declared a total nationwide strike effective next Tuesday, November 14, 2023. The action by the organized labour followed the brutalization of NLC National President Joe Ajaero last week in Imo State. There had been widespread outrage by the labour force, accusing the Commissioner of Police in Imo State, Mohammed Barde, of complicity in the recent attack on Ajaero in Owerri, the Imo State capital. The organized labour last Friday handed the Federal Government a five-day ultimatum to replace the police commissioner while also blaming Governor…

Read More
Court jails cleric for life over sexual assault of minor

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Port Harcourt Zonal Command, has arraigned an oil magnate, Azubuike Uzoma, before Justice A.T. Mohammed of the Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, for an alleged illegal dealing in petroleum products to the tune of N24,310,000 (Twenty Four Million, Three Hundred and Ten Thousand Naira). Dele Oyewale, EFCC Head of Media and Publicity, said this in a statement on Tuesday. Uzoma was arraigned on October 25, 2023, on three-count charges bordering on money laundering and illegal dealing in petroleum products. One of the counts reads: “That you, Azubuike Uzoma (trading…

Read More
Alan Fisher breaks longest baking GWR

Fisher breaks longest baking marathon record Alan Fisher, an Irish chef and restaurant owner based in Japan, has broken two Guinness World Records related to cooking. He also broke the longest baking marathon record. This was made known in a post shared by Guinness World Records on their social media account on Tuesday. Sharing the news, GWR said,”Nigerian cooking queen Hilda Baci has been dethroned. “Alan Fisher from Ireland cooked for an incredible 119 hours and 57 minutes at his restaurant in Japan.” Alan secured the title for the longest cooking marathon (individual), setting a new record with an astonishing…

Read More
Jackson scored a second-half hat-trick as Chelsea downed nine-man Tottenham

A hat-trick from Nicolas Jackson helped Chelsea manager Mauricio Pochettino enjoy a successful return to Tottenham, but only after a pulsating contest with two red cards and five disallowed goals. Chelsea’s 4-1 victory ended Spurs’ unbeaten start to the Premier League season and earned Pochettino the first statement result of his reign – but it only told half the story. Dejan Kulusevski fired Ange Postecoglou’s team in front during a 57-minute first half, where Cristian Romero earned a straight red card and Cole Palmer netted from the resulting penalty. Tottenham also lost Micky van de Ven and James Maddison to…

Read More
Carragher said Liverpool still aren't as good as Manchester City at stopping counter-attacks

Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher believes the club must sign a holding midfielder and defender if they are to challenge for the Premier League title. Luton held the Reds to a 1-1 draw at Kenilworth Road on Sunday, with Jurgen Klopp’s visitors needing a 95th-minute equalizer from Luis Diaz to rescue a point. Former defender Carragher said: “Liverpool still aren’t as good as Manchester City at stopping counter-attacks. “Opponents do seem to find spaces a lot more to attack and get in behind Liverpool. Luton didn’t have the quality to really punish them, except for the goal we saw. “Liverpool are…

Read More
The brake failure of the loaded truck led to an accident

A multiple-car accident involving a tricycle (keke), a car, and a truck occurred on Monday at the Daleko link bridge inward of LASPOTECH in the Isolo area of Lagos State. The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority revealed this with photos posted on their social media page. LASTMA said the crash was a result of the brake failure of the loaded truck. The photos reveal how the crash left the keke badly damaged and trapped under the truck. The car involved in the collision also sustained significant damage to its front end. LASTMA added that no casualties were involved, adding that…

Read More
ADC exempts Peter Obi, El-Rufai from defecting from LP, SDP

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, will host an international press conference today, November 6. Obiora Ifoh, the National Publicity Secretary of LP, disclosed this in a statement on Monday. The statement read, “His Excellency Peter Obi will address a World Press Conference scheduled for 2 p.m. today at Campaign Headquarters.” This will be the LP candidate’s first official media conference following his loss at the Supreme Court. The development is also coming one week after his campaign spokesman, Yunusa Tanko, denied that the LP candidate had gone into hiding following the apex court judgement, as was…

Read More