- Jamal Musiala suffers second on-field collapse in three days
- FCTA begins demolition of houses obstructing Abuja waterways
- UI, UNILAG top Nigerian institutions in new ranking
- Wike reveals Tinubu allowed free, fair Osun polls
- Student livestreams Philippines school shooting before suicide
- ADC: We worked with Accord to stop APC from winning Osun election
- Trump declares Strait of Hormuz new US territory
- Wike says Tinubu’s reelection in 2027 will be easy
Author: Opalim Lifted
Israeli official says troops to hit Hamas in south Official urges Palestinians in south to move to western areas Israel hopes there will be tents, field hospital for evacuees Israel issued a fresh warning to Palestinians in the southern city of Khan Younis to move out of the line of fire and closer to humanitarian aid, in the latest indication that it plans to attack Hamas in south Gaza after subduing the north, Reuters reported. “We’re asking people to relocate. I know it’s not easy for many of them, but we don’t want to see civilians caught up in the…
UN aid deliveries to Gaza were suspended again due to shortages of fuel and a communications shutdown, deepening the misery of thousands of hungry and homeless Palestinians as Israeli troops battled Hamas militants in the enclave, Reuters reported on Friday. The United Nations’ World Food Programme (WFP) said civilians faced the “immediate possibility of starvation” due to the lack of food supplies. With the war about to enter its seventh week, there was no sign of any let-up despite international calls for a ceasefire or at least for humanitarian pauses. Palestinian news agency WAFA said a number of Palestinians were…
The World Health Organisation (WHO) said it was very worried about the spread of disease in Gaza as weeks of Israeli bombardments have led to the population crowding into shelters with scarce food and clean water, Reuters reported on Friday. “We are extremely concerned about the spread of disease when the winter season arrives,” said Richard Peeperkorn, WHO Representative in the Occupied Palestinian Territory. He said that more than 70,000 cases of acute respiratory infections and over 44,000 cases of diarrhoea had been recorded, figures significantly higher than expected. WHO has previously warned of “worrying trends” in the spread of…
TikTok has prohibited content that promotes Osama bin Laden’s 2002 letter detailing the former al Qaeda leader’s justifications for attacks against Americans, the short-form video app said on Thursday. Discussions of the 20-year-old letter have spread on the platform this week in the context of debate over the Israel-Hamas war, with some users in the West praising its contents. After al Qaeda’s attack on the United States that killed nearly 3,000 people, the letter criticized US support for Israel, accused Americans of financing “oppression” of Palestinians, and contained antisemitic comments. A US military special operations unit killed Bin Laden in…
Darwin Nunez scored as Uruguay ended Argentina’s 14-match winning run going back to the 2022 World Cup. The Liverpool forward slotted home in the 87th minute after Ronald Araujo had opened the scoring in the 2026 World Cup qualifier in Buenos Aires. World Cup winners Argentina had not lost since their 2-1 defeat by Saudi Arabia in their first match at the Qatar tournament last year. “We never felt comfortable,” said La Albiceleste captain Lionel Messi. “The loss is a good test for us. They are an intense team, and it was difficult for us to play our game. “They…
Luis Diaz inspired Colombia to victory over Brazil on an emotional night as his father watched from the stands after being released by his kidnappers. The Liverpool forward scored twice in five second-half minutes to complete a surprise Colombia comeback in the 2026 World Cup qualifier in Barranquilla. He was reunited with his father, Luis Manuel Diaz, on Tuesday after rebels had held him hostage for 12 days. Following his first goal, Diaz’s teammates and staff surrounded him. The 26-year-old pointed to the crowd after his 75th-minute equalizer and television cameras showed his teary-eyed father, wearing a Colombia shirt, celebrating…
The European Union said on Thursday it had budgeted a total of €24.4 million to fight against the proliferation and illicit circulation of small arms and light weapons in Nigeria and other West African countries. Enobong Moma, the Head of the European Union Delegation to ECOWAS, said this in a roundtable meeting on the control of small arms and light weapons in Nigeria held in Abuja. Moma noted that reducing the availability of small arms and light weapons would help curb organized crime in the region. Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser, said the proliferation of small arms and light weapons…
Troops of the Nigerian Army killed at least six suspected bandits in a clearance operation of their strongholds in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area of Kaduna State. Yahaya stated that firearms such as guns, rifle magazines, bandit uniforms, motorcycles, and rounds of ammunition were recovered during the operation, Chronicle NG reports. The Acting Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, 1 Division, Musa Yahaya, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday. The statement said, “Bandits and terrorists operating in the forest of Birnin Gwari today, November 16, 2023, suffer heavy casualties at the hands of troops of the 1st Division of the…
The House of Representatives postponed the sectoral debate on the security sector, which was designed to be a series of engagements with Service Chiefs to discuss and propose solutions to national security, on Thursday. Chronicle NG reports that House of Reps unanimously rejected representation of Service Chiefs. Akin Rotimi Jr., Rep. House Spokesman/Chairman, House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, said this in a statement on Thursday. The statement said, “The House of Representatives has postponed the sectoral debate on the security sector from Thursday to Tuesday, November 21, 2023. The ‘Sectoral Debates’ are designed to be a series of…
France condemned Israeli settlers’ violence in the occupied West Bank on Thursday, calling it a “terror policy” aimed at displacing Palestinians and demanding Israeli authorities protect Palestinians from the violence. According to UN estimates, daily settler attacks on Israel have more than doubled since the Hamas attacks on Jews on Oct. 7 and the subsequent assault on the Palestinian enclave of Gaza. “Concerning the West Bank, I’d like to express the strongest condemnation by France of the violence carried out by the settlers against the Palestinians,” foreign ministry spokesperson Anne-Claire Legendre told a press conference. “Violence, which has the clear…












