- Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe
- Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS
- Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
- FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
- Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
- Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations
- Tinubu to visit Adamawa, commission projects Monday
- Customs seize N1bn worth of cocaine at Badagry–Seme border
Author: Chronicle Editor
Manchester United lost to bottom side West Brom in a result which saw Manchester City crowned as Premier League champions. West Brom secured the victory at Old Trafford thanks to a Jay Rodriguez header from Chris Brunt’s corner as United failed to clear their lines. City now have an unassailable 16-point lead over Jose Mourinho’s side at the top of the table. United’s best chance of the game was a Romelu Lukaku header, which was superbly saved by Albion goalkeeper Ben Foster. READ: Manchester City crowned Premier League champions City manager Pep Guardiola had claimed he would be on the…
Manchester City won the Premier League title as Manchester United’s shock 1-0 home defeat by West Brom confirmed their rivals as champions. Second-place United are now 16 points behind Pep Guardiola’s side with only five games left to play. It is City’s third title in seven seasons and a first under the Spaniard in his second campaign in charge. They have dominated this year’s title race, scoring 93 goals and losing just twice so far. READ: Newcastle beat Arsenal to seal Premier League safety Our Time. Our City.Premier League Champions 17/18 ????#mancity pic.twitter.com/lztlN3lWFW— Manchester City (@ManCity) April 15, 2018 We…
President Muhammadu Buhari has told Nigerians in the Diaspora that some Nigerian roads were so bad that they could grow food on them, assuring them that he would not abuse their trust and confidence. The President spoke in London Sunday while receiving the Buhari Diaspora Support Organization, led by Mr Charles Efe Sylvester. “I am happy that people like you are here, on your own, defending the country. You have shown courage and sacrifice. I assure you that your confidence in us won’t be abused, we will do our best to justify it,” President Buhari said. “We will do our…
The Federal Government has assured Nigerians that no amount of pressure, including the antics of hack writers and threats of litigation, will prevent it from releasing more names of the alleged looters of the public treasury. In a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said since the release of the first two lists of the alleged looters, there have been overt and covert attempts to intimidate and blackmail the Federal Government into discontinuing the release of more looters’ names. “Hack writers have inundated the social and traditional media with articles casting…
Newcastle defeated Arsenal for the first time in 13 years as they won their fourth consecutive game and sealed Premier League safety at St James Park. Arsenal had taken the lead through French striker Alexandre Lacazette who scored from a Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang cross but the Gunners lead didn’t last for long. Perez Ayoze scored a sublime goal to draw Newcastle level before Matt Ritchie scored the winner to give Rafael Benitez to 40 points needed to stay in the Premier League. READ: Tactical Decision? Fans mock Conte for dropping Antonio Rudiger Arsenal, who reached the Europa League semi-finals with a…
Here is an extraordinary statistic: since the Volvo XC90 went on sale in the UK in 2002 it has sold over 50,000 vehicles, yet not a single person has been killed while driving it, or as a passenger. It is, according to the independent laboratory Thatcham Research, the safest car it has ever tested. The only other car with a similar record is the Audi Q7, but the model concerned was only on sale between 2015 and 2016. One reason for the Volvo’s success is that it was an early leader in the use of camera and radar systems to…
The All Progressives Congress, APC, has unveiled its official social media accounts after dismissing @APCNigeria as its official Twitter account. A statement by the party’s national publicity secretary, Bolaji Abdullahi the newly-designed website features a streamlined and uncluttered design, offering user-friendly functionality and rich content. “This website as well as the official social media accounts offers quick and easy access to essential information and features to keep party members, the media and indeed the general public abreast of party activities, the APC-led federal government and APC-governed states,” Abdullahi said. He added that, “APC’s new website will be regularly updated with…
Its drama and more drama as a certain John McAfee has taken over APC Nigeria Twitter account as more confusion grow over its ownership and originality. McAfee has stuck to the @APCNigeria Twitter username but has changed the profile to “Crуptо Рroponent. Urging true believers tо stаnd firm аgаinst the onslаught of bаnks and govеrnmеnts.” Reports had claimed that Philip Obin who manages the account sold it to a White man who is believed to be John McAfee. Obin, however, dismissed the reports claiming that the account was hacked. According to reports, Obin had demanded that the All Progressives Congress…
Beyonce brought band mates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams on stage during her headline set at the festival in California last night. The trio began their surprise performance with their 2004 hit Lose My Breath, followed by Say My Name and Soldier. It’s the first time they have appeared together since the Stellar Gospel Music Awards in 2015. The 36-year-old singer’s show took a military theme, beginning with a rendition of her 2003 hit Crazy In Love played by a marching band. Dancers wore black berets and yellow hoodies decorated with military-style sashes, and leotards with epaulettes. The nearly two-hour…
Football fans have criticized Chelsea manager Antonio Conte for dropping Antonio Rudiger for the game against Southampton after the German defender criticized his tactics. In his post-match comments the Italian said Rudiger’s omission from the squad was a ‘tactical decision’ but fans did not buy his excuse. Reacting to a tweet on Chelsea FC account, football fans blasted Conte for never taking criticism on the chin. Senor Ola wrote in reply to Chelsea tweet. “Glorious day when this Dictatorial Fraud leaves this club. Tactical my arse.” Fadhli Yunus says Conte should be ashamed of himself for acting like a child.…












