Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    May 18, 2026
    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    May 18, 2026
    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den
    • IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations
    • Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki
    • ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks
    • WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
    • 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
    • NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
    • Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Atiku accepts nomination, seeks support to solve Nigeria’s problems

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorOctober 7, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Former Kano governor Rabiu Kwankwaso and Atiku Abubakar
    Former Kano governor Rabiu Kwankwaso and Atiku Abubakar are both contenders for PDP presidential slot
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Former Kano governor Rabiu Kwankwaso and Atiku Abubakar
    Former Kano governor Rabiu Kwankwaso and Atiku Abubakar

    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has accepted his nomination as presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and told party member that it was time to find solutions to challenges facing the nation.

    The 72-year-old Fulani-born business tycoon and politician, said PDP had been able to articulate the problems facing Nigeria and it was time to come back to power in order to address the problems.

    Abubakar, who scored 1,532 votes to defeat 11 other PDP heavy weights, said that his victory was a landmark in the history of the party.

    The party, he said, had never conducted a much better primary since the enthronement of democracy in 1999.

    Abubakar, who was Vice President to ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo from 1999 – 2007, said: “We have witnessed the most critical and transparent primary in the history of the party.’’

    He said it was time for members of the party to come together to support his ticket as he could not do it alone.

    The PDP candidate said that he was prepared to consult with all players in the party to ensure the success in the 2019 elections.

    He appealed to co-contestants to support him in the fight to win back power from APC.

    The Chairman of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, has said that in the just concluded Presidential Primary of the PDP, there was no victor and no vanquished.

    READ: Uche Secondus says ‘No victor, no vanquished’ after Atiku’s victory

    Giving a speech after the declaration of Atiku Abubakar as the winner of the polls, Secondus said that all the aspirants in the election won the election.

    Secondus insisted that the process being free and fair, had all the aspirants contesting as brothers, adding that although a winner has been declared, the credibility of the process was a victory for PDP and all the aspirants.

    He called on the aspirants to keep true to their congratulatory message to Atiku Abubakar, urging them to work together as one bloc to ensure that the PDP clinches power in 2019 and save Nigeria.

    Secondus also used the opportunity to call on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to “learn from the Presidential Primary of the PDP and know that election can be free and fair”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar criticising Nigeria’s response to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

    ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo principal, nursing mother cry for help in kidnappers den

    May 18, 2026
    IGP Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    IGP visits Oyo communities after school attack, orders intensified rescue operations

    May 18, 2026
    Nigerian troops during counter-terrorism operations in Borno State after the killing of ISIS commander Abu Bilal Al-Minuki.

    Nigeria denies US ground troop role in killing of ISIS leader Al-Minuki

    May 18, 2026
    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar criticising Nigeria’s response to xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa.

    ‘Shamed into action’, Atiku slams FG’s response to South Africa xenophobic attacks

    May 18, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.