Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    November 29, 2025
    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    November 29, 2025
    Takumi Minamino (right) joined Monaco from Liverpool in June 2022

    10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara
    • Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria
    • 10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner
    • Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike
    • Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat
    • Barcelona get dominant 3-1 win against Alaves
    • Foden scores late winner as Man City beat Leeds
    • BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, November 30
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Another set of 250 Nigerians return from Libya

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMay 10, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    FILE: Some stranded Nigerian returning from Libya
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Some Nigerian returning from Libya

    The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) said on Wednesday that another batch of 250 Nigerians would voluntarily return to the country from Libya on Thursday.

    NEMA’s spokesman for South-West Zone, Mr Ibrahim Farinloye, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that the returnees were expected to arrive at the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO)/Hajj Camp section of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, at about 3. 00 p.m.

    More than 253 Nigerians had on April 25 voluntarily returned from Libya aboard a chartered Libya Airlines — Airbus A330-200 — with registration no. 5A-LAT.

    The returnees comprise 102 males, 140 females and 11 children.

    University of Ilorin spent N30m on electricity in March

    They were brought back by the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) and the Nigerian Embassy in Libya.

    The returnees were received at the Hajj Camp of the airport by officers of the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS), the National Agency for the Protection of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) and the Police.

    Also on ground to receive them were officials of NEMA and the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria.

    NAN reports that hundreds of Nigerians had been forced out of Libya in recent times against the backdrop of hostile treatment meted out to blacks by Libyan citizens and the authorities.

    Senior Special Adviser to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa, had said that the Federal Government valued their lives, hence the partnership with IOM and NEMA to ensure their safe return.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    Resident doctors to get N11.99bn as FG moves to end strike

    Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike

    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    BREAKING: Tinubu names Reno Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Mahmoud Yakubu, 29 others as ambassadors

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    DSS invites Datti Baba-Ahmed over alleged inciting public comments

    Minister for Justice and Attorney-General Abubakar Malami EFCC assets

    Malami released after EFCC grilling

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Bandits attack customs facility, kill officer in Kebbi

    Bandits abduct traditional ruler in Kwara

    November 29, 2025
    Why Nigeria can’t defeat Boko Haram with guns alone – Bishop Kukah

    Kukah denies Christian genocide in Nigeria

    November 29, 2025
    Takumi Minamino (right) joined Monaco from Liverpool in June 2022

    10-man Monaco stun PSG as Minamino scores winner

    November 29, 2025
    Resident doctors to get N11.99bn as FG moves to end strike

    Resident doctors suspend indefinite strike

    November 29, 2025
    Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat

    Bayern Munich trash St Pauli 3-1 after Arsenal defeat

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.