Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    May 23, 2026
    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy
    • INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action
    • WHO loses member country as Argentina quits
    • 2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries
    • Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election
    • Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister
    • ‘I’m running to win’, Sowore declares 2027 presidential ambition
    • NNPCL opposes Dangote refinery suit, warns against ‘monopoly control’ of fuel market
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    ADC faction in Kebbi rejects Malami-backed congress

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoApril 12, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    ADC spokesperson Bolaji Abdullahi addressing allegations of FAAC fund diversion for President Tinubu’s re-election campaign.
    ADC logo
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A faction of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) in Kebbi State has rejected the party’s congress held on Saturday, describing it as illegal and in violation of a subsisting court order.

    In a statement issued on Sunday, the faction’s secretary, Adamu Aliyu, denounced the exercise carried out by a rival group loyal to former Attorney General Abubakar Malami, claiming that the organizers lacked legal authority to operate on behalf of the party.

    “We do not recognize them as executives of ADC in Kebbi, and we also do not recognize their congress because it will not stand, having violated a valid court order issued against them long before Malami officially joined the party,” Aliyu said.

    He claimed that the court had previously barred the faction led by Sufiyanu Bala from representing themselves as party leaders in the state, rendering any action taken by the group null and void.

    Aliyu further asserted that Abdulrazaq Iko remains the party’s legitimate state chairman, as recognized by both the court and the Independent National Electoral Commission.

    “The congress they claim to have conducted was not supervised by INEC, and as such, it is invalid,” he said.

    He stated that the faction would wait for the conclusion of existing legal actions before holding any genuine congress, emphasizing that due process must be observed.

    Iko, in a separate statement, asked party members and supporters to be calm and law-abiding.

    “We urge our supporters and executives to remain peaceful and await further directives as we allow the court to determine the matter,” he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    Former Minister of Power Adebayo Adelabu, who resigned to contest the Oyo governorship primaries, has failed to clinch the ticket of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

    Adelabu loses APC gov ticket in Oyo after quitting as minister

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    May 23, 2026
    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    May 23, 2026
    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    May 23, 2026
    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.