Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Osasuna

    Osasuna defeat Real Madrid 2-1 in thrilling La Liga clash

    February 21, 2026
    Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls

    Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls

    February 21, 2026
    APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence

    APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Osasuna defeat Real Madrid 2-1 in thrilling La Liga clash
    • Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls
    • APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence
    • Aston Villa comeback to play 1-1 draw against Leeds
    • Rivers bye-election peaceful, orderly amid voter apathy – INEC REC
    • Burnley score late to snatch draw against Chelsea
    • Chelsea sign new sponsorship deal with AI firm IFS
    • Rivers: Khana constituency 2 bye-election ends, results pending
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Sunday, February 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Ondo govt lifts ban on forestry activities

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 13, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Governor Olurotimi Akeredolu signs anti-open grazing law in Akure, Ondo State
    Late governor of Ondo state Rotimi Akeredolu
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Ondo State Government on Friday announced that the ban on forestry activities in the state has been lifted.

    The Commissioner of Information and Orientation, Donald Ojogo, noted that the ban which was effected on November 15 has now been lifted.

    He said, “This is to announce to the general public, especially stakeholders in the forestry sector that the ban placed on activities in the State Forest Reserves has been lifted with effect from Monday, November 15, 2021.

    “It will be recalled that the State Executive Council, as part of its conclusions at its meeting on the 31st of August, 2021, placed a ban on all activities in the forests including logging and flitching.

    “The measure was aimed at bringing sanity to the sector even as it was meant to engender enhanced revenue generation for the State.

    He explained that, “Ten weeks since the ban, government’s internal and administrative measures emplaced were carefully monitored with a view to charting a more enduring path towards the effective utilisation of the state’s vast forest resources for the general good.

    • Ondo Assembly passes bill to ban open grazing in the state

    “These mechanisms and measures are undoubtedly, effective enough to drive government’s vision for the sector. The review of the ban and subsequent approval by Mr Governor to lift same, therefore, comes on the heels of an appreciable level of compliance on the part of those saddled with responsibilities during the ban. So far, the measures have yielded some commendable results.

    “All permit holders as well as other legitimate stakeholders are hereby enjoined to commence their activities only from the approved date, Monday 15th November, 2021. State Forest Officers are equally, further mandated to ensure strict adherence to approved guidelines in the discharge of their duties for enhanced productivity,” he said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls

    Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls

    APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence

    APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence

    Rivers bye-election peaceful, orderly amid voter apathy – INEC REC

    Rivers bye-election peaceful, orderly amid voter apathy – INEC REC

    Rivers bye-election peaceful, orderly amid voter apathy – INEC REC

    Rivers: Khana constituency 2 bye-election ends, results pending

    The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), New Nigerian Peoples Party (NNPP), and African Democratic Congress (AD) are missing on the ballot papers for the Kano State House of Assembly by-election holding on Saturday, as reported by Arise News.

    PDP, NNPP, ADC missing on ballot papers of Kano by-election

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Osasuna

    Osasuna defeat Real Madrid 2-1 in thrilling La Liga clash

    February 21, 2026
    Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls

    Obidient movement lament IREV glitch in FCT polls

    February 21, 2026
    APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence

    APC demands cancellation of Kano by-election over violence

    February 21, 2026
    Malen scores twice in Aston Villa 2-1 win against Young Boys

    Aston Villa comeback to play 1-1 draw against Leeds

    February 21, 2026
    Rivers bye-election peaceful, orderly amid voter apathy – INEC REC

    Rivers bye-election peaceful, orderly amid voter apathy – INEC REC

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.