Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    • Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar
    • Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today
    • 2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Flood kills 26, destroys 1,000 houses in Kano

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 30, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Flash flood in Iran kills 15 Afghan nationals
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Not less than 26 persons have been killed and 1,000 houses detroyed by flood in Kano state from April,2021 till date.

    The Kano State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) confirmed the statistics on Friday in an interview with journalists in Kano. The Executive Secretary, Kano SEMA, Dr Saleh Jili who spoke on behalf of the agency added that 50 other people were injured during the flood.

    According to him, the affected local government areas are Bunkure, Minjibir, Tarauni and Doguwa.

    He said that the Nigeria Meteorological Agency (NiMet) had earlier predicted that there would be flooding in 25 local government areas of the state this year.

    The SEMA boss said the agency had visited the affected areas to sympathise with the victims on behalf of the state government and distributed relief materials to them to alleviate their suffering.

    “The items distributed included bags of cement, bags of rice, maize, millet, roofing sheets and toiletries,’’ he said.

    The Executive Secretary, however, commended Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje and the state Commissioner for Special Duties, Mr Muntari Ishaq, for supporting the agency.

    He called on donor agencies and wealthy individuals to assist in supporting the victims.

    “Our economy is down due to COVID-19; the government cannot do it alone,’’ he said.

    Jili also called on those living close to rivers and ponds in the state to vacate the areas for a one to two-month period.

    “If the rivers and ponds are over-filled with water, please vacate your houses,’’ the SEMA boss advised.

    • Vehicles submerged, commuters stranded as flood plagues Lagos Island, mainland

    He further urged residents of the state to clear the drains in front of their houses to prevent flooding.

    “I urge those who are not yet affected by the flood to do everything possible to prevent it by clearing their drainages, collecting refuge and taking it to the appropriate place,’’ he said.

    Jili added that the agency would not relent in its efforts to ensure the protection of lives and properties of the citizens of the state.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    The National Assembly disclosed on Sunday that it would reconvene its plenary session on Tuesday, February 17, 2026, shortening its recess amid reports that lawmakers may review the date set for the 2027 presidential election.

    National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13

    Tinubu vows to crush terrorism, says insecurity hurts Nigeria’s economy

    Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    February 16, 2026
    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    February 16, 2026
    The National Assembly disclosed on Sunday that it would reconvene its plenary session on Tuesday, February 17, 2026, shortening its recess amid reports that lawmakers may review the date set for the 2027 presidential election.

    National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.