Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images

    US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images

    May 23, 2026
    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    May 23, 2026
    Colombia mine explosion kills nine

    Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images
    • How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting
    • Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine
    • Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice
    • Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant
    • Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho
    • Amaechi claims he made Buhari president, rules out Tinubu’s role
    • Terrorists allegedly open talks with Makinde over Oyo school abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    JUSUN, PASAN to end strike soon – FG

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMay 7, 2021No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Alleged N6bn fraud: Court admits FBI reports against Mompha
    The Court overruled Mompha counsel's objection and upheld argument of the prosecution
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Federal Government has expressed optimism that the strike of the Judicial Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN), and the Parliamentary Staff Association of Nigeria (PASAN), would end soon.

    Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, expressed his belief while addressing newsmen at the end of a conciliation meeting between the government negotiating team, and the two unions on Thursday in Abuja.

    Ngige said the government had made offers to the two unions, and their representatives would consult with their various National Executive Committees (NEC), and revert back.

    The minister said a lot of work went into the government’s proposal to the two unions, which substantially addressed their demands for judicial and legislative autonomy.

    “A lot of work went in. We have exchanged briefs with JUSUN and PASAN.

    “They have their demands, which they had earlier submitted. The government has given counter offers and properly addressed the burning issue of financial autonomy for state legislature and judiciary,” Ngige said.

    He said that questions were asked and answered, while critical observations were made and explained, working on the proposal given by the government.

    According to him, the meeting has been adjourned with a view to enable JUSUN and PASAN take back the government proposal to their members of their National Executive Committees.

    “We expect them to work on the documents from tomorrow and if they are satisfied, they should inform us.

    “And you know that when they are satisfied, the logical thing is to call-off the industrial action. So, we are to receive their views on the government offer by Tuesday morning,” he added.

    Ngige, however, said over all, the discussions had been very fruitful, adding that they had moved from the initial position of ground zero, to ground 85.

    • JUSUN gives fresh conditions to call off strike

    He therefore, appealed to the striking workers to return to work to enable government meet the remaining part of their demands.

    “We cannot do this when legislation is closed in various states. We cannot also operationalise them when the courts are closed and heads of courts are not allowed into the courts or their offices.

    “We have made documentation and statistics for the state houses of assembly to make appropriate laws. So, we plead that you open the courts and state houses of assembly,” the minister appealed.

    “Besides, we are menaced by bandits, terrorists, and arsonists, with the courts closed, the police cannot tackle insecurity,” Ngige said.

    Responding, the Vice Chairman of JUSUN Mr. Emmanuel Abioye, and the National President of PASAN, Mohammed Usman, both promised to meet with their NEC, to study the situation and consider the offers before reverting back to the Minister of Labour.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images

    US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    Colombia mine explosion kills nine

    Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine

    Rotimi Amaechi

    Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice

    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant

    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images

    US cracks down on non-consensual AI-generated intimate images

    May 23, 2026
    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    How Ogun teacher abducted, killed WASSCE candidate, spent ransom on sports betting

    May 23, 2026
    Colombia mine explosion kills nine

    Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine

    May 23, 2026
    Rotimi Amaechi

    Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice

    May 23, 2026
    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.