Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The South African Police Service says a female suspect apprehended over the murder of a Nigerian e-hailing driver will be arraigned today.

    Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today

    February 16, 2026
    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    February 16, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today
    • 2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging
    • Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe
    • Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    • FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
    • Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
    • Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Hijab: Hoodlums attack churches, schools

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 23, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Hijab: Hoodlums attack churches, schools
    Hijab: Hoodlums attack churches, schools
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The crisis over hijab (veil) wearing in Christian grant-aided mission schools took a violent turn yesterday in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.

    Suspected hoodlums vandalised churches, shops and schools at Sabo-Oke, Muritala Mohammed Way and other areas of the metropolis.

    Other places affected include Post Office, Surulere and Maraba where churches and Christian schools are located.

    It took the combined efforts of officers and men of the Kwara State Police Command, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) and the Army to prevent a breakdown of law and order.

    The tense situation sent fears down the spines of residents.

    The hoodlums reportedly brandished machetes, cutlasses, bottles and other weapons while marching through some streets.

    It was also gathered some of them wore masks, apparently to hide their identities.

    Although the gate of the Cherubim and Seraphim College, Sabo Oke, Ilorin was locked, the hoodlums threw stones and other dangerous missiles into the premises in the presence of military operatives stationed at the gate of the school.

    The violence also spread to St. Barnabas LGEA Primary School, Murtala Muhammad Way, Ilorin and some churches in the area.

    The Christian community mobilised its own forces to counter the attack in a bid to protect their people and property.

    Owners of shops and offices located in the areas hurriedly closed for the day, to avoid attack.

    • Kwara mission schools vow not to allow hijab

    It was reported that some shops were looted by the hoodlums, however armed security agents patrolled the metropolis to restore peace.

    Police spokesman Ajayi Okasanmi said the prompt intervention of their men and officers prevented the situation from worsening, stating that peace had been restored the area

    The Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) yesterday advised Kwara State Governor AbdulRaman AbdulRasaq not to set the state on fire with the hijab issue.

    It spoke at Cornerstone City, Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, through its President, Bishop Wale Oke, while hosting the Ekiti and Ondo chapters of the Fellowship led by Bishop Clement Abifade and Bishop Joshua Kolawole Opayinka.

    Bishop Oke said if the hijab issue was not handled with care, it could cause crisis in the country.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    The South African Police Service says a female suspect apprehended over the murder of a Nigerian e-hailing driver will be arraigned today.

    Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The South African Police Service says a female suspect apprehended over the murder of a Nigerian e-hailing driver will be arraigned today.

    Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today

    February 16, 2026
    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    February 16, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    February 16, 2026
    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    February 15, 2026
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.