Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno
    • El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe
    • ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Kaduna government to flush out 9,715 ghost workers

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJanuary 15, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS
    Former Governor of Kaduna Nasir El-Rufai
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State

    The Kaduna State Government has begun verification of workers both in the employ of the state and the local governments, but it cannot at the moment account for 9,715 workers hitherto on the payroll.

    Only 71 out of the 9,786 workers whose names were removed from the payroll recently, have been verified in the ongoing exercise at the Government House, Kaduna.

    Mr Bashir Mohammad Director General, Bureau of Public Service Reform, told NAN shortly after the verification that the government would still carry out further scrutiny to determine who should be on the payroll of the government.

    “The governor directed that those affected could write to him and those found to be unjustly removed from the payroll would be restored.

    “Recently, 21 civil servants who wrote letters of protest to the governor were eventually cleared,” he said.

    According to him, the first phase of the verification was conducted at the Government House because of the governor’s desire to discuss with those affected and that it was not a witch-hunting exercise.

    One of the civil servants, Mr Justin Barusa, from Chikum Local Government, expressed satisfaction with the verification exercise and hoped that the conclusion of the exercise would ensure the payment of her 11 months salary.

    According to her, it was as a result of the letter she wrote to the governor that she was invited for the verification.

    Mr Shehu Abubakar, who works for Kaduna South Council, said: “The verification went on smoothly, I am satisfied with the procedure.”

    Mrs Salina John, a staff of the Government College, Unguwan Rimi, was happy that her salary which was stopped since February 2916 had been restored during the verification.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.