Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Alvaro Arbeloa appointed as Real Madrid head coach after Alonso exit

    Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure

    May 22, 2026
    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent manager

    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure
    • Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028
    • Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit
    • Man City confirm Guardiola exit after trophy-filled 10-year reign
    • Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo
    • JUST IN: Sani approves nearly N1bn for Kaduna workers’ entitlements
    • Trump sends 5000 US troops to Poland, NATO gives nod
    • Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Man 46, sentenced to 12 years imprisonment for cutting girlfriend’s hand

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorOctober 16, 2019No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    US court sentences Nigerian professor over $1.4m fraud
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    A 46-year-old man Tunde Omisakin was yesterday sentenced to 12 years Imprisonment, by a Lagos High Court, sitting in Igbosere, for causing the death of his girlfriend, Tina Toroso.
    Omisakin was charged for cutting the right hand of his girlfriend with a cutlass which resulted in her death.
    He was first arraigned sometime in 2010 but was re-arraigned on February 16, 2016, before Justice Adedayo Akintoye when the former judge handling the case retired.
    The convict was charged with a count of manslaughter, he pleaded not guilty and was remanded in prison.
    The case went for trial and the prosecution called four witnesses.
    However, at the resumed hearing of the case yesterday, Justice Akintoye delivered her judgment and held that Omisakin was guilty as charged.
    She said that the prosecution was able to prove the ingredients of manslaughter beyond every reasonable doubt.

    READ: FUTA graduate, 26, wins Feed Tonight Foundation Entrepreneurship Program N1M seed fund

    Akintoye said that the prosecution witnesses clearly gave evidence establishing how the incident happened.
    “The prosecution evidence directly pointed to the defendant as the person who caused the death of the deceased (Miss Toroso).
    “The defendant did not deny that he cut her hand but said he did not intend to kill her.
    “I hold that the ingredient of manslaughter has been proven by the prosecution beyond a reasonable doubt,” Akintoye said.
    She also said, that though the defence had said that the evidence of the prosecution witnesses was contradictory and that the evidence of the investigating police officers were merely hearsay.
    “The evidence adduced by investigating officers during investigations cannot amount to hearsay.
    “I hold that the evidence of the prosecution is consistent and therefore reliable.
    “This court hereby finds Tunde Omisakin guilty of manslaughter and is dully convicted.
    “He is sentenced to 12 years imprisonment, the years of remand will be deducted from his sentence,” she held.
    The defence counsel, Mrs Grace Adenubi, a Legal Aid Counsel, had pleaded for the convict’s leniency, adding that he was a first-time offender and had been in custody since 2009 when he was arrested.
    Earlier, the prosecution counsel, Mrs Abiodun Gbadamosi, had told the court that Omisakin committed the offence on December 8, 2008, at 2.00 a.m, in his residence at Lamgbasa, Ajah area of Lagos.
    She said that the defendant caused the death of the deceased one Tina Toroso by cutting her right hand with a cutlass which severed her veins.
    According to her, the offence committed is punishable under Section 317 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2003. Nigeria News

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Kaduna State Governor Uba Sani addressing judiciary staff union leaders during a meeting at Sir Kashim Ibrahim House in Kaduna.

    JUST IN: Sani approves nearly N1bn for Kaduna workers’ entitlements

    Trump : You're on your own, US tells citizens in Israel amid Middle East tensions 

    Trump sends 5000 US troops to Poland, NATO gives nod

    Nigerians reacting on social media to the appointment of Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar announced by President Tinubu.

    Mixed reactions trail JAMB registrar Segun Aina appointment

    The Governor of Benue State, Hyacinth Alia, has expressed deep sorrow over the death of ten people in a tragic accident in the Okete community, Ohimini Local Government Area.

    Alia wins Benue APC governorship primary election

    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Alvaro Arbeloa appointed as Real Madrid head coach after Alonso exit

    Alvaro Arbeloa confirms Real Madrid departure

    May 22, 2026
    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent manager

    Man United confirm Carrick as permanent head coach until 2028

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola’s exit

    May 22, 2026
    Manchester City confirm Pep Guardiola's exit

    Man City confirm Guardiola exit after trophy-filled 10-year reign

    May 22, 2026
    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    Irate mob sets Ebola hospital on fire in DR Congo

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.