Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno
    • El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe
    • ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    PAFN to miss World Para Grand Prix Athletics Championship

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorAugust 29, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Taiwo Kasunmu, Vice-President, Para Athletics Federation of Nigeria (PAFN), on Thursday said that the Para athletes might miss the World Para Grand Prix Athletics Championship in France due to lack of funds.

    Kasunmu told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that Para athletes presently preparing for the world contest had been left without help either from the government or private organisations.

    “We are preparing for the World Grand Prix Athletics Championship to qualify for Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games in Japan among the championships, we need to go for the France Grand Prix which is coming up in September, but we were unable to get funds.

    “Four of the athletes that went to Tunisia all qualified, the next Paralympic Games we will be having about 169 Games to showcase that cuts across all forms of disability and Nigeria can do well in most of these events.

    READ:Xenophobia: Union warns Nigerians in South Africa to avoid Pretoria

    “Due to lack of funds, by the time the African Games for Para-athletes comes up in January in Morocco next year, instead of having enough athletes to go, we will be going with less athletes which is not good,’’ he said.

    Kasunmu urged the new Sports Minister, Sunday Dare, to see to the plight of Para sports and how they could be well funded for optimal performances.

    “My advice to the new minister is to try and see how Para sports can be well funded because in the last Olympic Games, able-bodied persons were unable to do up to what the Para athletes did by wining more medals for the country.

    “The Para athletes went to the Paralympics and came back with more medals, but for now, Para sports are being treated as second fiddle of which it shouldn’t be.

    “We are normal humans except for a little defect, we all have families, so, if we are able to showcase what our ability in disability is, it will make Nigeria proud.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.