Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Kolasinac, Ozil ‘fine’ after carjacking attempt

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorJuly 26, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Sead Kolašinac and Mesut Ozil were uninjured in the attempted carjacking
    Sead Kolašinac and Mesut Ozil were uninjured in the attempted carjacking
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Sead Kolašinac and Mesut Ozil were uninjured in the attempted carjacking
    Sead Kolašinac and Mesut Ozil were uninjured in the attempted carjacking

    Arsenal footballer Sead Kolašinac has said he and his team-mate are “fine” after the pair were involved in a carjacking attempt by an armed gang.

    Both Kolašinac and Mesut Ozil escaped uninjured in the attack in Platts Lane, near Golders Green, north-west London, at about 17:00 BST on Thursday.

    Kolašinac can be seen in CCTV footage chasing off one of the carjackers.

    Posting a picture on Twitter of himself and Ozil he added the caption: “Think we’re fine”.

    ????????
    Think we‘re fine ???? #M1Ö #SeoKol pic.twitter.com/tKRlM0LGMl

    — Sead Kolašinac (@seadk6) July 26, 2019

    In a video that has circulated on social media, full-back Kolašinac, 26, is seen defending himself against two men who are wielding knives.

    The Bosnian can be seen jumping out of a vehicle to confront the masked-men who had pulled alongside the car on mopeds.

    A witness said he saw two men on mopeds holding roof tiles in their hand chasing the vehicle.

    Simon Collins, 46, said: “I think the intention was to smash the tiles through the wagon window.

    READ: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria up 12 spots to 33rd

    “They were proper masked-up, nasty types with no plates on the mopeds.”

    A Met Police spokesman said: “It was reported that suspects on motorbikes had attempted to rob a man who was driving a car.

    “The driver, along with his passenger, managed to get away unharmed and travelled to a restaurant in Golders Green, where they were spoken to by officers.”

    The owner of a property near where the players were attacked said he had been targeted five times in the same area, including one where he had a knife held to his neck.

    It is understood the two players are returning to training and there are no concerns over their participation in the Emirates Cup this weekend.

    All the squad will be reminded of how to keep safe and the club is said to be constantly reviewing security measures with independent experts and the police.

    Video of Sead Kolasinac fighting off two men with knives, after they tried to rob Mesut Özil. What a guy ????????????????????????!
    Respect! ????????pic.twitter.com/4mzHKvndEV

    — Trend Amplifier || RT & I’d Followback (@queeninghere) July 26, 2019

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.