Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    February 16, 2026
    Court adjourns Natasha Akpoti’s suit against senate to March 25

    Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office

    February 16, 2026
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders
    • Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    El-Rufai slams curfew after communal clash

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorAugust 25, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS
    Former Governor of Kaduna Nasir El-Rufai
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Governor Nasir El-Rufai has slammed curfew on Kwaru and Ungwan Yero communities
    Governor Nasir El-Rufai has slammed curfew on Kwaru and Ungwan Yero communities

    The killing of two youths in communal clashes has forced the Kaduna State government to impose a 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. curfew on Kwaru and Ungwan Yero communities in the Kaduna North Local Government Area.

    The curfew took effect from Friday, Mr. Samuel Aruwan, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media and Publicity, said in a statement.

    He said that more security agents had been deployed to the area to maintain law and order, while urging the residents of the communities to adhere strictly to the curfew.

    READ: SARS to wear identification, police uniform

    Meanwhile, Governor Nasir El-Rufa’i has condoled with the families of the deceased.

    According to Aruwan, the governor expressed concern over needless loss of innocent lives and assured families of the two victims that the law enforcement agents had been directed to begin investigation into the killings with a view to prosecuting the culprits.

    He quoted the governor as appealing to the residents of the affected communities to shun divisive tendencies along fault lines of religion and ethnicity in the interest of harmonious co-existence in the area.

    He said that the state Deputy Governor, Mr Barnabas Bala, and other senior government officials accompanied the governor on the condolence visit.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    Court adjourns Natasha Akpoti’s suit against senate to March 25

    Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    February 16, 2026
    Court adjourns Natasha Akpoti’s suit against senate to March 25

    Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office

    February 16, 2026
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.