Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Saka, Rice seal Arsenal win over West Ham to go top 

    Saka extends Arsenal stay with fresh five-year contract

    February 17, 2026
    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    February 17, 2026
    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Mirabel: Lady raped, culprit mocks her on TikTok

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Saka extends Arsenal stay with fresh five-year contract
    • Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home
    • Mirabel: Lady raped, culprit mocks her on TikTok
    • ICPC arraigns works ministry director over money laundering
    • NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach
    • Court remands killers of South Africa based Nigerian student
    • UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians
    • Yusuf reveals joining APC to secure Kano citizens’ interest
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NASS undecided on date of resumption

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorAugust 13, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Senate President Bukola Saraki, his deputy Ike Ekweremadu and Speaker Yakubu Dogara are leaders of the 8th National Assembly
    Former Senate President Bukola Saraki, his deputy Ike Ekweremadu and Speaker Yakubu Dogara are leaders of the 8th National Assembly
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    NASS leaders Senate President Bukola Saraki, deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, Speaker House of Reps Yakubu Dogara
    NASS leaders Senate President Bukola Saraki, deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, Speaker House of Reps Yakubu Dogara

    The spokesman of the House of Representatives, Mr Abdulrazak Namdas says the National Assembly will not reconvene on Tuesday.

    He told The Punch newspaper that the House is yet to decide on a reconvening date.

    This is contrary to a statement credited to the Deputy Speaker, Mr Yusuf Lasun, who last week announced that the National Assembly would reconvene tomorrow, to consider the budget for the 2019 polls and other pending issues forwarded to lawmakers by President Muhammadu Buhari in July.

    Ahead of the meeting, tempers were  flaring especially at the Senate, where senators belonging to the ruling  All Progressives Congress are calling for the resignation of Senator Bukola Saraki, representing Kwara Central, as president.

    READ: ‘Queen of Soul’ Aretha Franklin seriously ill

    The APC senators said since their party controls a simple majority in the upper chamber, it will be preposterous for Saraki, now a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, with minority presence, to remain as the leader.

    There had been threats and  counter threats, with Saraki’s spokesmen and his minority party swearing that Saraki cannot be removed, unless the APC senators are able to muster two-third support in the senate.

    The APC has a different interpretation of the constitution. The National Assembly broke up for recess on 24 July.

    It was due to reconvene on 25 September, until the executive pleaded it break the recess to consider urgent national matters, such as a supplementary budget and INEC budget for 2019 polls.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Mirabel: Lady raped, culprit mocks her on TikTok

    ICPC recovers over N20bn paid to ghost workers as pensions in 2024

    ICPC arraigns works ministry director over money laundering

    NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach

    NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach

    Court remands killers of South Africa based Nigerian student

    Court remands killers of South Africa based Nigerian student

    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    UK rolls out digital visit visas for Nigerians

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Saka, Rice seal Arsenal win over West Ham to go top 

    Saka extends Arsenal stay with fresh five-year contract

    February 17, 2026
    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    February 17, 2026
    Rapist: Lagos seeks help to locate victim raped in her home

    Mirabel: Lady raped, culprit mocks her on TikTok

    February 17, 2026
    ICPC recovers over N20bn paid to ghost workers as pensions in 2024

    ICPC arraigns works ministry director over money laundering

    February 17, 2026
    NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach

    NDPC probes Temu over Nigeria data protection breach

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.