Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    NSCDC foils armed herders attack on Plateau farmers

    NSCDC starts 24-hour surveillance in Kwara

    February 20, 2026
    Rooney leaves Plymouth Argyle after dismal run

    Rooney backs Arsenal to win EPL title over Man City

    February 20, 2026
    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • NSCDC starts 24-hour surveillance in Kwara
    • Rooney backs Arsenal to win EPL title over Man City
    • DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25
    • 100-level UniAbuja student goes missing
    • El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC
    • Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim
    • Mirabel admits lying over rape claim
    • Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Boko Haram: Nigerian troops raid Camp Zairo, rescues 84

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorFebruary 3, 2018No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    FILE PHOTO: Nigerian military have killed 11 terrorists kidnappers Azonto
    Nigeria security operatives have arrested Benue criminal, Azonto
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    FILE: Nigerian troops have sacked Boko Haram fighters from Camp Zairo and have rescued 84

    At least 84 people have been rescued and heavy military weapons recovered from Boko Haram fighters by Nigerian army following a raid on Camp Zairo.

    The Army said on Saturday that the breakthrough was recorded during an operation in Borno State.

    A total of 84 persons held hostage by the insurgents at Camp Zairo were rescued by the troops and have been handed over to the Borno State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA).

    The Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Rogers Nicholas, that some of the women rescued were found to be pregnant while the children among them looked malnourished.

    The 84 persons were flown by the Air Component of the Operation Lafiya Dole to Maiduguri, the state capital after being freed from the heavily guarded camp.

    Major General Rogers Nicholas, who handed the victims over to SEMA, said most of them are tasting freedom for the first time in about three years after their abduction.

    READ: 36 cases of Lassa Fever recorded in Ondo, 9 dead

    The Nigerian Army has revealed another breakthrough recorded during an operation in which a military tank and other weapons were recovered from the Boko Haram terrorists in Borno State.

    A total of 84 persons held hostage by the insurgents at Camp Zairo were rescued by the troops and have been handed over to the Borno State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA).

    The Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Rogers Nicholas, disclosed this on Saturday to reporters in the state.

    According to him, some of the women rescued were found to be pregnant while the children among them looked malnourished.

    The 84 persons were flown by the Air Component of the Operation Lafiya Dole to Maiduguri, the state capital after being freed from the heavily guarded camp.

    Major General Rogers Nicholas, who handed the victims over to SEMA, said most of them are tasting freedom for the first time in about three years after their abduction.

    At least 26 Boko Haram members surrendered to the military authorities in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno State earlier in the week.

    The ‘repentant’ terrorists were paraded on Friday in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital after they were quizzed by the military.

    They were said to have surrendered last week and turned over their arms and ammunition including RPGs, after which they were taken to Maiduguri for deradicalizsation.

    More than 2300 fighters have surrendered in the last 13 months following intensive military action and seizure of the Sambisa forest, the main enclave of the insurgents.

    More than 25,000 people have been killed in the insurgency since 2009 and at least 2.4 million Nigerians displaced in the northeast states of Adamawa, Yobe and Borno.

    Meanwhile, the Army has confirmed it would conduct more exercises in 2018 to assist civil authorities to deal with internal security challenges in parts of the country.

    The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, said on Friday after leading troops on a 15km Route March.

    Buratai said exercises `Harbin Kunama III, Crocodile Smile III and Egwu Eke Dance III would also be conducted in 2018.

    Exercise Harbin Kunama I and II were conducted in 2016 and 2017, respectively, to deal with the menace of cattle rustling and herdsmen/farmers clashes in parts of North-West and North-Central.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    NSCDC foils armed herders attack on Plateau farmers

    NSCDC starts 24-hour surveillance in Kwara

    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    UniAbuja student goes missing

    100-level UniAbuja student goes missing

    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel: Police to arrest, prosecute TikToker over false rape claim

    Mirabel admits lying over rape claim

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    NSCDC foils armed herders attack on Plateau farmers

    NSCDC starts 24-hour surveillance in Kwara

    February 20, 2026
    Rooney leaves Plymouth Argyle after dismal run

    Rooney backs Arsenal to win EPL title over Man City

    February 20, 2026
    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    DSS to arraign El-Rufai February 25

    February 20, 2026
    UniAbuja student goes missing

    100-level UniAbuja student goes missing

    February 20, 2026
    ICPC arrests El-Rufai over ongoing corruption investigation

    El-Rufai: Lawyer condemns search of ex-gov’s residence by ICPC

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.