Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    May 22, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police probe officer who threatened to kill people filming him

    May 22, 2026
    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid
    • Police probe officer who threatened to kill people filming him
    • DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists
    • Phil Foden, Cole Palmer out of England World Cup squad, Toney, Mainoo, Madueke in
    • Oyo denies rescue of abducted students, teachers
    • Police deny rescue of abducted Oyo teachers, students
    • Foden, Palmer miss out on England World Cup squad
    • Ronaldo scores brace as Al Nassr win Saudi Pro League title
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, May 22
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Oyo denies rescue of abducted students, teachers

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoMay 22, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State
    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Abayomi Fagbenro, Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde’s special adviser on security, has dismissed as false viral social media posts alleging that victims abducted during last Friday’s attack on three schools in Oyo State’s Oriire Local Government Area have been released.

    The attack on three schools in the Ahoro-Esinle/Yawota axis of Ogbomoso in the Oriire Local Government Area resulted in the deaths of two people and the kidnapping of approximately 30 teachers and children.

    Since Wednesday night, reports claiming the release of the abducted teachers and pupils have spread widely.

    While some tweets confirmed that the victims had been released, others called the reports fraudulent.

    Some questioned the assertions, noting that no mainstream media outlets had reported the development.

    “As of 10:35 am, it’s not true,” Fagbenro said.

    Similarly, Olayinka Ayanlade, the police public relations officer in Oyo State, stated that he was unaware of the release of the victims kidnapped during the Friday incident.

    However, Ayanlade stated that efforts were being made to obtain the release of individuals taken captive.

    Following the incident, the Inspector-General of Police, Tunji Disu, announced the deployment of additional detectives from the Force Headquarters in Abuja to work with the combined security team to obtain the release of the abducted teachers and kids.

    Tajudeen Abbas, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, urged on Wednesday for a “careful, clinical, and timely” effort to recover the pupils and instructors kidnapped from three schools in Oyo State’s Oriire Local Government Area.

    In addition, the Defense Headquarters announced in a statement on Tuesday that troops had made contact with the abductors and were working to facilitate the release of the kidnapped instructors and pupils.

    Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, also stated that efforts were being taken to secure the release of those abducted.

    Gunmen stormed Baptist Nursery and Primary School in Yawota, Community Grammar School, and LEA Primary School in Esiele, all in the Oriire Local Government Area, abducting a large number of children and teachers.

    Makinde stated that seven students were stolen from Community Grammar School, and 18 children and seven instructors were kidnapped from First Baptist Primary and Nursery School.

    He also confirmed that one teacher was killed in the attack.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police probe officer who threatened to kill people filming him

    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    Police IG Olatunji Disu meeting security officials and residents in Oriire, Oyo State, after a deadly school attack and abductions.

    Police deny rescue of abducted Oyo teachers, students

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu and says Peter Obi is the best southern candidate for the 2027 election.

    Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu, says only ‘foolish people’ would believe

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Kingsley Chinda emerges Rivers APC governorship candidate

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    RCMP tactical armoured vehicle and heavily armed officers outside a Spencer Street home during a police raid in downtown St. John’s.

    Police deploy flash bangs, armoured vehicle in St. John’s drug raid

    May 22, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police probe officer who threatened to kill people filming him

    May 22, 2026
    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    DHQ says Oyo kidnap carried out by JAS terrorists

    May 22, 2026
    Foden, Palmer miss out on England World Cup squad

    Phil Foden, Cole Palmer out of England World Cup squad, Toney, Mainoo, Madueke in

    May 22, 2026
    Principal of Community High School, Esinele, appeals for help in a viral video after gunmen abducted teachers and students in Oyo State

    Oyo denies rescue of abducted students, teachers

    May 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.