Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Godwin

    Adimike Godwin: NYSC member kills father in Abuja

    May 19, 2026
    Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation

    Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation

    May 19, 2026
    EFCC operatives at University of Uyo Teaching Hospital during incident involving tear gas and hospital staff reaction.

    EFCC will discipline officers over UUTH raid – Olukoyede

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Adimike Godwin: NYSC member kills father in Abuja
    • Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation
    • EFCC will discipline officers over UUTH raid – Olukoyede
    • We thought Obasa’s impeachment had Tinubu’s backing – Desmond Elliot
    • Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation
    • AGF, Jonathan oppose 2027 eligibility suit
    • Tinubu era records $8bn capital spending milestone – IMPI
    • Togo grants visa-free entry to all African citizens
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, May 19
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Adelabu to resign as power minister over gov ambition

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoApril 22, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Tinubu sacks Wale Edun, Dangiwa as ministers
    Bayo Adelabu is running for governorship in Oyo on the platform of the APC
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Chief Adebayo Adelabu, the Minister of Power, is expected to resign after receiving President Bola Tinubu’s approval to pursue his governorship ambition in Oyo State.

    The development followed a meeting between the minister and the president on Tuesday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, where Adelabu presented a comprehensive briefing on his stewardship of the power sector over the past two and a half years.

    Bolaji Tunji, his Special Adviser on Strategic Communications and Media Relations, said in a statement on Tuesday that the presentation of the National Integrated Electricity Policy and its supporting Strategic Implementation Plan was a key highlight of the engagement.

    The minister was alleged to have detailed milestones achieved during his tenure, including measures to stabilize electricity generation, enhance transmission capacity, and execute reforms targeted at improving efficiency and service delivery across the power sector value chain.

    The statement revealed that the minister would soon step down from office.

    It read, “In view of this development, Chief Adebayo Adelabu is expected to resign his position as Minister of Power in the coming days.”

    • Tinubu sacks Wale Edun, Dangiwa as ministers

    According to the statement, the planned resignation coincides with attempts to ensure continuity in existing changes.

    “The timing of his anticipated resignation reflects his commitment to addressing key sectoral challenges and ensuring continuity in ongoing reforms prior to exiting office.

    “Notably, this process includes efforts to stabilize the sector following recent declines in power generation due to gas supply constraints to power plants, ongoing pipeline repairs, and outstanding obligations to gas suppliers, as well as the need to secure the president’s approval for his intended resignation and gubernatorial aspiration in Oyo State,” Tunji said.

    The president had earlier instructed all appointees who wanted to contest to resign on or before March 31.

    The statement read that during the meeting with Tinubu, Adelabu presented a comprehensive report on his stewardship.

    “During the meeting, the minister outlined key milestones recorded under his leadership, including efforts to stabilize electricity generation, strengthen transmission capacity, and implement reforms aimed at enhancing efficiency and service delivery across the power sector value chain,” it stated.

    Tinubu, according to the statement, commended the minister for his dedication and progress recorded in the sector.

    “President Tinubu commended the minister for his dedication and the progress recorded, particularly in laying a strong policy foundation for the transformation of the power sector. The President also granted his consent and blessing for the minister to pursue his governorship ambition,” Tunji explained.

    He added that the minister thanked the president for his unwavering support and reiterated his commitment to the improvement of Nigeria’s electricity sector and overall national development.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Godwin

    Adimike Godwin: NYSC member kills father in Abuja

    Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation

    Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation

    EFCC operatives at University of Uyo Teaching Hospital during incident involving tear gas and hospital staff reaction.

    EFCC will discipline officers over UUTH raid – Olukoyede

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    We thought Obasa’s impeachment had Tinubu’s backing – Desmond Elliot

    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation

    Court fines lawyer N1m in suit seeking to stop Jonathan 2027 bid

    AGF, Jonathan oppose 2027 eligibility suit

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Godwin

    Adimike Godwin: NYSC member kills father in Abuja

    May 19, 2026
    Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation

    Pereira: Nigerian athlete killed in US days before MBA graduation

    May 19, 2026
    EFCC operatives at University of Uyo Teaching Hospital during incident involving tear gas and hospital staff reaction.

    EFCC will discipline officers over UUTH raid – Olukoyede

    May 19, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    We thought Obasa’s impeachment had Tinubu’s backing – Desmond Elliot

    May 19, 2026
    Jonathan: Abaribe urges Gowon to 'write his own book, reveal truth about 1966 coup'

    Jonathan lauds Gowon over NYSC scheme, civil war reconciliation

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.