Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    2027: Tinubu wins APC primary election in Gombe

    May 23, 2026
    Celtic extend league league with pulsating win over Rangers

    Celtic win Scottish Cup to complete double

    May 23, 2026
    Hull promoted to Premier League after 1-0 win over Middlesbrough

    Hull promoted to Premier League after 1-0 win over Middlesbrough

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • 2027: Tinubu wins APC primary election in Gombe
    • Celtic win Scottish Cup to complete double
    • Hull promoted to Premier League after 1-0 win over Middlesbrough
    • Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy
    • INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action
    • WHO loses member country as Argentina quits
    • 2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries
    • Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    ADC accuses INEC of blocking party ahead of 2027 elections

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedApril 6, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    ADC spokesperson Bolaji Abdullahi addressing allegations of FAAC fund diversion for President Tinubu’s re-election campaign.
    ADC logo
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The African Democratic Congress (ADC) has accused the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of creating obstacles that could prevent the party from fielding candidates for the 2027 elections.

    In a statement by National Publicity Secretary Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, the ADC urged INEC to reverse its stance, resume accepting lawful correspondence from the party, and uphold a level playing field for all political groups.

    At the centre of the dispute is INEC’s decision to stop receiving correspondence from the ADC pending a Federal High Court ruling. The party says this seemingly procedural move clashes with strict timelines under the Electoral Act (2026), including a mandatory 21-day notice and submission deadlines for electoral processes.

    The ADC stressed that INEC had previously monitored its July 29, 2025 National Executive Committee meeting, updated internal records, and recognised the party’s leadership, including Senator David Mark as National Chairman and Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola as National Secretary. INEC’s own sworn affidavit to the Federal High Court confirmed the leadership transition and legal principles that such matters should not be reversed.

    “Yet, despite clear records, INEC now refuses to receive any communication from the ADC pending the court’s decision,” the statement said.

    • Kaduna ADC insists congresses will hold despite INEC dispute

    The party warned that this could make compliance with the Electoral Act impossible, effectively blocking the ADC from fielding candidates if the court does not rule by the May 10 document submission deadline. The ADC called the move a “landmine” that could justify the party’s exclusion from the elections.

    The ADC urged INEC to reverse the decision and called on Nigerians to remain vigilant against attempts to undermine democratic processes.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    2027: Tinubu wins APC primary election in Gombe

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    Three dead as WHO investigates Hantavirus outbreak on cruise ship

    WHO loses member country as Argentina quits

    Tinubu meets Mutfwang at Aso Rock over Plateau killings

    2027: Plateau gov wins APC governorship primaries

    Peter Obi reacts to the kidnapping of students in Borno and Oyo states, describing the attacks as a threat to Nigeria’s future and education sector.

    Obi denies running from Atiku ahead 2027 election

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    2027: Tinubu wins APC primary election in Gombe

    May 23, 2026
    Celtic extend league league with pulsating win over Rangers

    Celtic win Scottish Cup to complete double

    May 23, 2026
    Hull promoted to Premier League after 1-0 win over Middlesbrough

    Hull promoted to Premier League after 1-0 win over Middlesbrough

    May 23, 2026
    SERAP asks Tinubu to probe N2.9bn missing funds in NIGCOMSAT, NNRA

    Tinubu participates in APC primary, praises party’s democracy

    May 23, 2026
    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    INEC: We’ll review court verdict on 2027 election timetable before taking action

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.