The US Secret Service claimed Sunday that its agents shot and killed an armed man who illegally entered President Donald Trump’s Florida estate, Mar-a-Lago.
Trump was in Washington during the event, which occurred at 1:30 a.m. (0630 GMT).
“An armed man was shot & killed by U.S. Secret Service agents & @PBCountySheriff after unlawfully entering the secure perimeter at Mar-a-Lago early this morning,” agency spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a post on X.
The suspect, a male in his early twenties, was seen near the north entrance of the Mar-a-Lago estate with what appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel can,” the agency said in a statement.
Agents confronted him and fired shots. There were no injuries among US officers.
Trump has been the target of multiple assassination plots and attempts.
Ryan Routh, 59, was sentenced to life in jail earlier this month after plotting to shoot the president at a Florida golf club in September 2024, two months before the US election.
Routh’s planned attack on Trump comes two months after 20-year-old Matthew Crooks attempted to assassinate the Republican leader in Pennsylvania, firing several shots during a rally, one of which grazed Trump’s right ear.
The attack, in which a rallygoer was killed, proved to be a watershed moment in Trump’s return to power. Crooks was promptly shot and killed by security forces, and his motives are unknown.









