Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Colombia mine explosion kills nine

    Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine

    May 23, 2026
    Rotimi Amaechi

    Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice

    May 23, 2026
    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine
    • Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice
    • Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant
    • Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho
    • Amaechi claims he made Buhari president, rules out Tinubu’s role
    • Terrorists allegedly open talks with Makinde over Oyo school abduction
    • Trump orders Nigerians, others to apply for green cards from home countries
    • Trump to miss son’s wedding over ‘love for America’
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, May 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    JUST IN: NLC, TUC order FCTA workers back to work after talks with Wike

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedFebruary 3, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    NLC, TUC order FCTA workers back to work after talks with Wike
    Protests in FCT-Abuja
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) have directed workers under the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) to resume work immediately, bringing an end to weeks of industrial action in Abuja.

    The decision followed an overnight meeting between the leadership of organised labour, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, and the Senate Committee on the FCT. The meeting began on Monday night and concluded in the early hours of Tuesday.

    In a joint statement issued after the talks, the unions said all grievances raised by the Joint Union Action Congress (JUAC) were fully addressed during the engagement.

    According to the statement, it was agreed that all cases relating to the dispute currently before the National Industrial Court (NIC) would be withdrawn without delay.

    “The honourable Minister assured organised labour of mutual respect and sustained engagement going forward,” the unions said.

    They also secured assurances that no worker would face victimisation as a result of participating in the strike.

    • NLC orders FCTA workers to continue strike despite court order

    “Arising from the strike action, no worker shall be victimised in any manner,” the statement added.

    “Consequently, all JUAC members and all affiliates of the TUC and NLC working in the Ministry of the FCT are hereby directed to resume work immediately.”

    The unions urged their affiliates to comply strictly with the directive in the interest of industrial peace and harmony.

    The statement was jointly signed by Nuru Toro, Secretary-General of the TUC, and Benson Upah, Acting General Secretary of the NLC.

    The development comes a day after the National Industrial Court in Abuja restrained the NLC and TUC from proceeding with a protest scheduled for Tuesday, February 3. The ruling was delivered by Justice Emmanuel Subilim following an ex parte application filed by the FCT minister and the FCTA.

    FCTA workers had embarked on an indefinite strike on January 19 over unresolved labour and welfare issues, leading to the shutdown of activities across ministries, departments and agencies under the FCTA and the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA).

    Although the court had earlier ordered the suspension of the strike on January 27, organised labour initially directed workers to remain at home. Tuesday’s agreement now formally brings the dispute to an end.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Colombia mine explosion kills nine

    Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine

    Rotimi Amaechi

    Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice

    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant

    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has been conferred with the Dan Amana title by the Emir of Daura on Saturday

    Amaechi claims he made Buhari president, rules out Tinubu’s role

    Terrorists allegedly open talks with Makinde govt over Oyo school abduction

    Terrorists allegedly open talks with Makinde over Oyo school abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Colombia mine explosion kills nine

    Gas explosion kills 82 in China coal mine

    May 23, 2026
    Rotimi Amaechi

    Amaechi accuses Tinubu of creating hunger to bribe voters with rice

    May 23, 2026
    ADC south-south backs Amaechi for 2027 presidency

    Amaechi declares self most qualified ADC presidential aspirant

    May 23, 2026
    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    Shan George to Chike: Sleeping with another man’s wife attracts curses, apologise to Frank Edoho

    May 23, 2026
    Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi has been conferred with the Dan Amana title by the Emir of Daura on Saturday

    Amaechi claims he made Buhari president, rules out Tinubu’s role

    May 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.