Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate
    • WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139
    • Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty
    • Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar
    • Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity
    • NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans
    • Big Wiz: Wizkid becomes first African artiste to reach 11bn Spotify streams
    • NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    David Beckham knighted by King Charles

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoNovember 5, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Former England captain Sir David Beckham has been formally knighted for his contributions to sport and British society.
    David Beckham knighted by King Charles
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Former England captain Sir David Beckham has been formally knighted for his contributions to sport and British society.

    The 50-year-old, who was named to King Charles’ Birthday Honours list earlier this year, was knighted by the King during a ceremony in Berkshire on Tuesday.

    “I couldn’t be prouder,” said Beckham. “People know how patriotic I am—I love my country.

    “I’ve always said how important the monarchy is to my family.

    “I’m lucky enough to have travelled around the world, and all people want to talk to me about is our monarchy. It makes me proud.”

    Beckham was accompanied to Windsor Castle by his wife, Victoria, as well as his parents, Sandra and David.

    Victoria, who was awarded an OBE in 2017 for services to the fashion industry, designed and created the suit her husband wore at the castle.

    “[King Charles] was quite impressed with my suit,” said Beckham.

    “He’s the most elegantly dressed man that I know, so he inspired quite a few of my looks over the years, and he definitely inspired this look.

    “It was something that my wife made me.

    “I looked at old pictures of him when he was quite young in morning suits, and I was like, ‘OK, that’s what I want to wear’—so I gave it to my wife, and she did it.”

    Beckham made 115 appearances for his country and captained the Three Lions for six years, from 2000 to 2006.

    The former Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder represented England in three World Cups and two European Championships.

    Beckham graduated from United’s academy in 1992 and spent 11 years in the first squad before joining Real Madrid in 2003 for £25 million.

    He spent four years in the Spanish capital before joining Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Galaxy. During his stint in Los Angeles, he went on loan to AC Milan twice before concluding his career with Paris St-Germain in 2013.

    However, Beckham’s influence stretches well beyond the pitch.

    He was born in east London and helped secure London’s hosting of the 2012 Olympics.

    He has worked with the humanitarian aid organization UNICEF since 2005, and in 2015, a fund was dedicated in his honor to commemorate the two organizations’ decade-long cooperation.

    Beckham, who received an OBE from Elizabeth II in 2003, waited for more than 12 hours to see the Queen lying in state after her death in 2022.

    “It’s special to be here, to celebrate and to hear the different stories that people have,” Beckham said afterwards.

    Beckham became an ambassador for the King’s Foundation in 2024, supporting King Charles’ education initiative and attempts to increase young people’s appreciation of nature.

    He co-owns League Two club Salford City with former United and England teammate Gary Neville, and he also owns MLS outfit Inter Miami.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    NDLEA operatives at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory uncovered in Ogun forest with seized chemical substances and suspects.

    NDLEA busts N480bn methamphetamine lab in Ogun, arrests three Mexicans

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    NLC warns ‘no community is safe anymore’ after Oyo abduction

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Southampton had been looking for an immediate return to the Premier League having been relegated at the end of the 2024-25 season

    FA opens Southampton investigation over Spygate

    May 21, 2026
    Health workers in protective gear responding to Ebola outbreak cases in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    WHO approves $3.4m for Ebola response in DR Congo, Uganda as death toll hits 139

    May 21, 2026
    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    Police officer threatens to kill anyone who videos him on duty

    May 21, 2026
    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    Tinubu appoints Segun Aina as new JAMB registrar

    May 21, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu speaking at a public event in Nigeria, representing federal government economic policy announcements.

    Tinubu: Fuel subsidy, forex cabals behind rising insecurity

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.