Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno
    • El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe
    • ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Tuesday, February 17
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Nigerian Army establishes new division in Sokoto

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorOctober 19, 2017No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Brig.-Gen. Olabanji Samuel, General Officer Commanding (GOC), 8 Division, Nigerian Army, Sokoto
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Brig.-Gen. Olabanji Samuel, General Officer Commanding (GOC), 8 Division, Nigerian Army, Sokoto

    The newly-established 8 Division of Nigerian Army, Sokoto, has taken off with the assumption of duty of its pioneer General Officer Commanding (GOC), Brig.-Gen. Olabanji Samuel.

    Gen. Samuel disclosed this when he paid a courtesy visit to Governor Aminu Tambuwal at the Government House in Sokoto on Wednesday.

    He said necessary arrangements had been put in place to ensure the smooth take off of the new division.

    He said the bulk of the men and officers of the division had now been mobilised to ensure its proper take off.

    READ: Court frees Aminu Atiku, grant child custody to wife

    “As you may recall, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Yusuf Burutai, announced the establishment of this division when he visited Sokoto earlier this year.

    “I am to inform you that we have taken off and we solicit the support and cooperation of the people and State Governments under our jurisdiction,” the new GOC said.

    Gov.Tambuwal assured the Army authorities of his government’s total support so as to enable the new division to achieve its set objectives.

    “We welcome you with open hearts; to us, the military are our friends and we will give you all the necessary support to achieve success.

    “We owe you that much having given everything you have to protect us at all times and we will do everything we can to make your stay comfortable.

    “As for the new GOC, we assure you that Sokoto is your home, as we cherish our position of being the most peaceful state in the federation, and your arrival will make us strengthen that position,” the governor said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    Troops intercept N37m, terrorists’ supplies in Borno

    February 17, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    El-Rufai in EFCC custody over N423bn Kaduna probe

    February 17, 2026
    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    ‘Godfather’ actor Robert Duvall dies at 95

    February 17, 2026
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.