Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA
    • Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation
    • Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari
    • Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86
    • Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes
    • Obasanjo urges FG to stop negotiating with terrorists
    • Tinubu sets up national tax policy implementation committee
    • Court reserves judgment in Akpabio, Natasha’s appeals
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, November 29
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Court adjourns Natasha Akpoti’s suit against senate to March 25

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedMarch 10, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Court adjourns Natasha Akpoti’s suit against senate to March 25
    Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    A federal high court in Abuja has adjourned a suit filed by Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, senator representing Kogi central, to March 25.

    Natasha had approached the court seeking an order restraining the senate committee on ethics and privileges from investigating her.

    On march 5, the court issued an order ex parte restraining the committee from conducting disciplinary proceedings against Natasha.

    However, the senate proceeded to suspend the senator for six months for allegedly violating its rules.

    At the court session on Monday, counsel for the first, second, and third defendants told the court that they had not been served with processes.

    But Michael Numa, counsel to Akpoti-Uduaghan, said all parties had been served, adding that affidavits of service were before the court.

    • Natasha: Saraki slams Akpabio for politicizing allegations, demands transparent probe

    After going through the file, Obiora Egwatu, the presiding judge, confirmed that all processes have been served on all defendants.

    Subsequently, Kehinde Ogunwumiju, counsel to the third defendant (the senate president), prayed the court for an adjournment for all processes to be harmonised.

    Other lawyers aligned with Ogunwumiju’s request for an adjournment adding that it would facilitate accelerated hearing at the next adjourned date.

    In his ruling, Egwatu adjourned the matter to March 25 and ordered that all the relevant processes should be served on parties before the date.

    Speaking to journalists after court proceedings, Peter Nwaebonyi, deputy chief whip, said it is “strange” for the court to interfere in the affairs of the senate.

    He noted that the senate only answered the call of the court for “being a responsible and law abiding institution”.

    Akpoti-Uduaghan was suspended for “gross misconduct” after engaging Senate President Godswill Akpabio in a heated debate over seating arrangement on February 20.

    The lawmaker would later accuse Akpabio of sexually harassing her.

    The senate committee on ethics, privileges, and public petitions dismissed Akpoti-Uduaghan’s petition on procedural grounds.

    Neda Imaseun, the committee chairman, had deemed the petition as “dead on arrival” because it was signed by the petitioner, which contravenes senate rules.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes

    Obasanjo says El-Rufai needed to mature before leading Nigeria

    Obasanjo urges FG to stop negotiating with terrorists

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    November 29, 2025
    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    Tax reforms: NOA launches nationwide campaign to counter misinformation

    November 29, 2025
    2027: Court asked to restrain Jonathan from contesting

    Jonathan says Guinea Bissau coup painful than losing to Buhari

    November 29, 2025
    Veteran Nollywood actor and cultural icon Lere Paimo

    Nollywood actor Lere Paimo dies at 86

    November 29, 2025
    Terrorists now using satellite communication, says NASRDA

    Terrorism: Northern governors get N56bn security votes

    November 29, 2025
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2025 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.