Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police arrest six in Plateau attempted kidnapping case

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoFebruary 28, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Boko Haram terrorists abduct 42 students in Borno
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Plateau State Police Command has apprehended two more suspects in connection with Tuesday’s attempted kidnapping incident on Little Rayfield Road in Jos, which resulted in the deaths of two officers.

    The latest suspects, Abubakar Mohammed and Ahmed Musa, were captured using the AK-47 rifle recovered from the two police officers slain in the firefight.

    DSP Alabo Alfred, the Command’s spokesman, confirmed the development in a statement issued Friday.

    According to him, the police also seized 75 more rounds of live ammunition from the suspects, increasing the total number of people arrested in connection with the incident to six.

    The statement read, “Following the case of attempted kidnapping at Little Rayfield Road, Jos, where two (2) of our officers were killed by suspected kidnappers in a gun battle and one AK-47 rifle carted away by the attackers, two (2) suspects, in addition to the four previously arrested in connection with the incident, are in our net.

    “The suspects, namely, Abubakar Mohammed and Ahmed Musa (both males), were arrested with the AK-47 rifle that was criminally taken from the slain officers. We also recovered an additional 75 rounds of live ammunition.”

    According to the statement, the police command has increased its attempts to apprehend other members of their syndicate and seize additional weaponry and ammunition.

    “We are doing everything necessary to get rid of criminals and maximize peace and security in the state,” the statement added.

    The police urged civilians to report any suspicious activity and to contact the Plateau State Police Control Room/Emergency lines or the Complaint Response Unit (CRU) GSM numbers in the event of an emergency.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.