Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president
    • Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges
    • Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws
    • DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West
    • Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary
    • Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears
    • Students flee Oyo schools as police dismiss terrorist attack rumours
    • Bwala urges Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorists
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Thursday, May 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Police neutralize four kidnappers on Lagos-Ibadan expressway

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoFebruary 22, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Police hunt Rivers LG aides over attempted murder
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Ogun State Police Command on Saturday said its agents on Friday at about 8:30 pm foiled a kidnap attempt of several travelers along the Warewa axis of the long bridge of the Lagos-Ibadan expressway and neutralized four of the kidnappers during the ensuing gun duel.

    The spokesperson for the state police command, CSP Omolola Odutola, confirmed this in a statement on Saturday.

    The gunmen are claimed to have attacked a white Paragon commercial vehicle with the number plate BDG 753 YH, driven by Mr. Morufu Adedeji and headed towards Lagos.

    The armed guys reportedly forced the vehicle to stop, pointed a revolver at the driver, and began robbing passengers at gunpoint.

    Odutola said, “During the attack, some passengers managed to escape through the rear door, which had been smartly and courageously opened by the driver.

    “This act enraged the kidnappers, who then brutally assaulted the driver to the point of unconsciousness. Other motorists raised an alarm, which was swiftly intercepted by the Anti-Kidnapping Team on patrol.

    “Upon arrival, the police operatives engaged the fleeing criminals in a gun duel. Four of the armed men were fatally injured, while others escaped with gunshot wounds into the surrounding forest.

    “The bodies of the neutralized kidnappers have been deposited at the State Hospital Morgue, Ijaiye, Abeokuta, for autopsy and further investigation.”

    The crime scene recovered items such as a locally made pistol with two cartridges, two daggers, a cash sum of ₦20,000, a Tecno Android phone, a solar power bank, and three USB lights.

    The Commissioner of Police, CP Lanre Ogunlowo, has reaffirmed the Command’s commitment to ridding the area of criminal activities.

    To strengthen security, the CP has reinforced the tactical operations.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Nigeria intensifies airport surveillance over Ebola outbreak fears

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Shettima says allies warned Tinubu against wearing gifted campaign outfits

    Shettima: People told Tinubu I wanted to kill him and become president

    May 20, 2026
    Rabiu Kwankwaso speaking during a political event amid ADC crisis speculation

    Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election, Kano gov’s aide alleges

    May 20, 2026
    Gbajabiamila behind my ordeal, detained journalist reveals on Inside Sources

    Gbajabiamila lauds Lagos APC primaries as Desmond Elliott withdraws

    May 20, 2026
    DHQ dismisses fears of terrorist stronghold after Oyo school attacks

    DHQ says Oyo school attacks not evidence of terrorist base in South-West

    May 20, 2026
    Desmond Elliot speaking during an interview on Channels Television about the attempted impeachment of Mudashiru Obasa.

    Desmond Elliot alleges intimidation, withdraws from APC primary

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.