Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    LASEMA, RRS and LASTMA officials were are the scene of the accident in Ojuelegba

    LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos

    February 21, 2026
    Cameroon arrests five Nigerian pastor over politician’s abduction

    Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom

    February 21, 2026
    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos
    • Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom
    • Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today
    • Terrorists kill over 50 in Zamfara
    • Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections
    • Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings
    • Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community
    • Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    FEC meeting cancelled again, says Lai Mohammed

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorSeptember 5, 2017No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed says FEC meeting will not hold

    The weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting will not hold tomorrow. This is official.

    Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed said the meeting will not hold because the Eid el-Kabir holiday deprived the ministers adequate time to prepare the documents for the meeting.

    In a statement issued in Kano on Tuesday, the Minister said the two-day public holidays declared for the Eid-el-Kabir celebrations left little or no time to prepare for the weekly meeting.

    Last week when the meeting held, the Federal Government approved the Mambilla hydro project that will be handled by a consortium of Chinese companies at a cost of $5.79billion.

    On 30 August, President Muhammadu Buhari presided over FEC meeting for the first time in over three months following a medical vacation in London.

    READ: Policeman did not commit suicide over Maiduguri posting – PRO

    Following his return to Nigeria, he cancelled the FEC meeting but did not give any reason for doing so, instead he received the report of the investigation committee into the allegations against the suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal and the Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), Ayo Oke, headed by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, at 12 noon, in his office.

    The outcome of the investigation on the two men is yet to be made public by the President.

    It would be recalled that on 19 April, President Buhari suspended the director-general of National Intelligence Agency, Ambassador Ayo Oke and the Secretary to the Federal Government, Engineer Babachir David Lawal.

    Both men were mired in some controversies and the President had ordered full scale investigations into their cases.

    Babachir Lawal was indicted by a Senate Committee probing the disbursement of funds meant for the Internally Displaced Persons camps.

    The Committee alleged that Lawal awarded a N200m contract to a company linked with him to cut grass at an IDP camp.

    Meanwhile, Ayo Oke was linked recently with the shocking discovery of $43.45million in a private apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

    He claimed the money belonged to his agency and was approved by the former president Goodluck Jonathan for some covert operation.

    President Buhari was said to be furious with the claim as he had never been briefed about the fund by the DG who was appointed by Jonathan and was kept on the job by Buhari.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    LASEMA, RRS and LASTMA officials were are the scene of the accident in Ojuelegba

    LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos

    Cameroon arrests five Nigerian pastor over politician’s abduction

    Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill over 50 in Zamfara

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    LASEMA, RRS and LASTMA officials were are the scene of the accident in Ojuelegba

    LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos

    February 21, 2026
    Cameroon arrests five Nigerian pastor over politician’s abduction

    Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom

    February 21, 2026
    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    Police impose movement restriction as FCT, Rivers, Kano residents vote today

    February 21, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill over 50 in Zamfara

    February 21, 2026
    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    Police impose 12-hour lockdown for FCT council elections

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.