Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    • APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders
    • Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Nasarawa residents displaced by flood

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedSeptember 23, 2022No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Flood destroyed over 3000 houses in Bauchi
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nasarawa State Emergency Management Agency has said that flooding has affected no fewer than 361,000 persons in eight out of the 13 Local Government Areas in the state.

    The Executive Secretary of NASEMA, Zachary Allumaga, on Thursday said that Nasarawa was among the states the Nigerian Metrological Agency predicted would experience serious floods in the months of September and October.

    The Nasarawa State Emergency Management Agency has said no fewer than 361,000 persons have been recently displaced by floods in eight out of the 13 Local Government Areas of the state.
    The affected LGAs are Nasarawa, Toto, Doma, Awe, Lafia, Obi, Karu and Akwanga.
    The Executive Secretary of NASEMA, Zachary Allumaga, told newsmen on Thursday in Lafia that there was a possibility that the flood could displace one million people in the state before the end of the rainy season.

    Allumaga said the state emergency agency had swung into action by dispatching a search and rescue team and its officials to the affected local government areas and communities for an on-the-spot assessment.

     

    • Angry mob attacks journalist covering Jigawa flooding

    He explained that Nasarawa State was among the states that the Nigerian Metrological Agency predicted this year particularly in the month of September and October to experience serious flood.

    He said, “The agency with the authority of the governor went round and began sensitising people at the riverine areas in the flood prone LGAs, Nasarawa, Toto, Doma, Awe, and the flood flash point LGAs, Lafia, Obi, Karu and Akwanga.

    “About 135,000 people were displaced in Umaisha, Toto LGA, 226,000 displaced in Nasarawa. Five communities in Doma and two communities in Obi LGA were submerged. As I talk to you, our men are in the river to take assessment, search and rescue.”

    According to Allumaga, effort had been put in place to assist the displaced persons with the relief materials to cushion the effect of hardship they are currently facing as a result of the flood.

    He, however, appealed to the people that live along riverine areas to move to high ground to avoid any form of casualties.
    Our correspondent reports that the Nasarawa State House of Assembly had on Monday directed the state government to distribute relief materials to cushion effect of hardship of flood victims in the state.

     

    PUNCH

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    February 16, 2026
    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.