Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Social network X restored after global outage
    • Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others
    • US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links
    • Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack
    • Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects
    • APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders
    • Natasha in fresh clash at senate committee chairman’s office
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    NRC repairs Abuja-Kaduna rail track

    David GreatBy David GreatMay 6, 2022No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Warri-Itakpe train service resumes Oct 29 after months halt
    Nigerian train service
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) says the destroyed track access between Abuja and Kaduna has been restored.

    The Managing Director of the Corporation, Mr Fidet Okhiria, confirmed the development in a statement by Director Operations of the NRC, Mr Niyi Alli, on Thursday in Lagos.

    Okhiria explained that the south end of the tracks, destroyed by explosion, had been successfully joined with the north end.

    He said: “In our concerted efforts at restoring the Abuja–Kaduna Train Service (AKTS) tracks corridor for resumption of service, please note the latest updates as follow:

    “The connection of the AKTS line has been achieved. This implies that the major track components (Concrete Sleepers and Rails) have been completely laid.

    “The south end of the tracks (which was destroyed by the explosion), has been successfully joined with the north end. Track access between Abuja and Kaduna is now restored.”

    Okhiria said the NRC technical team would continue with other track stablisation works including ballasting, temping, fastening of accessories (clips, bolts and nuts) and welding.

    • Nigerians will need NIN to travel by train- NRC

    He reminded that the Loco 2502 which was involved in the accident (though not damaged) and trapped at the Rigasa end due to lack of route access, has now crossed to the Idu end.

    The managing director added this had been taken to the workshop for proper examination and routine maintenance.

    Okhiria said that as mentioned in earlier releases, the Abuja–Kaduna Train Service (AKTS) would resume soon with additional security measures put in place.

    He reminded that passengers would be required to provide their NIN registration for verification prior to purchasing train tickets, adding that this was for improved passenger profiling and safety on board.

    The managing director said: “We will continue to collaborate with security agencies to ensure that all persons being held are rescued unhurt and reunited with their families soon.

    “We continue to pray for the repose of the souls of those who lost their lives in the unfortunate attack.

    “We also pray that Almighty God to continue to grant the families of those who lost loved ones, the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.

    “We equally pray for the full recovery of those injured in the ill-fated AK9 train service of 28 March, 2022.”

    Okhiria said in compliance with President Muhammadu Buhari’s directive, it encourages anyone still looking for a loved one or for update to please contact the following numbers in its situation room: Mrs Lola 08023310145 and Mr Mahmood 07038356015.

    He said the NRC continues to express its profound gratitude to the security agencies for the continued support, especially for the security cover availed its officials and staff at the incident site.

    The managing director said as customary, the corporation would update the general public of the latest developments. (NAN)

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    APC apologies for listing late army general, serving justice as stakeholders

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Social network X restored global outage

    Social network X restored after global outage

    February 16, 2026
    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    Court to hear suit seeking to deregister ADC, 3 others

    February 16, 2026
    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    US freezes assets of eight Nigerians over Boko Haram, ISIL links

    February 16, 2026
    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    Jihadists kill seven Ghanaians in Burkina Faso attack

    February 16, 2026
    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu lauds Adamawa gov for infrastructure projects

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.