Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    February 16, 2026
    The National Assembly disclosed on Sunday that it would reconvene its plenary session on Tuesday, February 17, 2026, shortening its recess amid reports that lawmakers may review the date set for the 2027 presidential election.

    National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13

    February 16, 2026
    Tinubu vows to crush terrorism, says insecurity hurts Nigeria’s economy

    Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    • Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar
    • Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today
    • 2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging
    • Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe
    • Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Yobe governor says Nigerian Army rescued no missing schoolgirls

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorFebruary 23, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Governor Ibrahim Gaidam has claimed that the Nigerian Army has not rescued any of the Dapchi missing schoolgirls
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    Governor Ibrahim Gaidam has claimed that the Nigerian Army has not rescued any of the Dapchi missing schoolgirls

    Yobe state governor, Ibrahim Gaidam on Thursday told residents of a village that no missing girls had been rescued following a Boko Haram attack, according to four of those who heard the official speak.

    On Wednesday, the government of the northeastern state, where the girls’ village of Dapchi is located, told locals that 76 schoolgirls feared missing had been rescued by the Nigerian military.

     

    Alhaji Abdullahi Bego, Director General to Yobe governor on press affairs disclosed through a press statement that the Nigerian Army had rescued some of the 111 missing schoolgirls.

    The statement read, “The Yobe State Government hereby informs the public that some of the girls at Government Girls Science Technical College (GGSTC) whose school was attacked by Boko Haram terrorists last Monday have been rescued by gallant officers and men of the Nigerian Army from the terrorists who abducted them.

    READ: Osinbajo seeks collaboration among African countries

    “The rescued girls are now in the custody of the Nigerian Army.”

    But in a shock reversal, Governor Gaidam rubbished the statement when he told inconsolable parents that any of the girls were rescued.

    The statement issued by Bego had also indicated that, “His Excellency Governor Ibrahim Gaidam, who is very grateful for the gallantry and hard work of the officers and men of the Nigerian Army involved in the operation, is monitoring the situation closely and will make a statement in due course” the statement said.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    The National Assembly disclosed on Sunday that it would reconvene its plenary session on Tuesday, February 17, 2026, shortening its recess amid reports that lawmakers may review the date set for the 2027 presidential election.

    National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13

    Tinubu vows to crush terrorism, says insecurity hurts Nigeria’s economy

    Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar

    The South African Police Service says a female suspect apprehended over the murder of a Nigerian e-hailing driver will be arraigned today.

    Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    February 16, 2026
    The National Assembly disclosed on Sunday that it would reconvene its plenary session on Tuesday, February 17, 2026, shortening its recess amid reports that lawmakers may review the date set for the 2027 presidential election.

    National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13

    February 16, 2026
    Tinubu vows to crush terrorism, says insecurity hurts Nigeria’s economy

    Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar

    February 16, 2026
    The South African Police Service says a female suspect apprehended over the murder of a Nigerian e-hailing driver will be arraigned today.

    Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today

    February 16, 2026
    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.