Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    February 21, 2026
    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    February 21, 2026
    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses
    • FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent
    • FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit
    • Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units
    • Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion
    • Mirabel in police custody over false rape claim
    • LASTMA confirms one killed as tanker crashes in Lagos
    • Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Woman arrested over dead children found in suitcases

    Michael RightBy Michael RightSeptember 15, 2022No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Woman killed her children and stored remains in suitcases
    The woman was arrested in Ulsan, South Korea after a weeks-long search
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    South Korean police say they have arrested a woman accused of murdering her two children who were found in suitcases in New Zealand last month.

    In a case that shook the nation, strangers who had purchased the abandoned suitcases from an Auckland storage facility discovered the bodies.

    The bodies were thought to have been kept in storage for a few years. The victims were reported to be between the ages of 7 and 10.

    New Zealand has applied for the woman’s extradition from South Korea.

    • Human remains found in suitcases bought at auction

    After announcing last month that they thought the woman was in South Korea, Auckland police said they had collaborated extensively with South Korean authorities in their search for her.

    Following the murders of the children in 2018, the woman escaped to South Korea, according to South Korean police. She is a 42-year-old New Zealand national of Korean descent.

    She was the subject of an international Interpol arrest warrant. She was taken into custody on Thursday during a late-night search of an apartment in Ulsan, South Korea.

    According to Seoul’s National Police agency, it came following a stakeout after detectives got information regarding her whereabouts.

    When they were able to identify the children, whose names have not been released, New Zealand police said last month that they were looking for the woman.

    “To have someone in custody overseas within such a short period of time has all been down to the assistance of the Korean authorities and the coordination by our NZ Police Interpol staff,” said New Zealand Police Detective Inspector Tofilau Fa’amanuia Vaaelua on Thursday.

    Prior to the suspect’s extradition to New Zealand, where she is accused of murder, police have asked that bail not be granted.

    The father of the children had passed away from cancer before his children’s deaths, according to local media in that country. The family had lived in Auckland for a few years. The grandparents of the kids reportedly still reside in New Zealand.

    Early in August, the children’s remains were found when a different family purchased a trailer-load of stuff from an online auction, among them the suitcases.

    Officers claimed that family had gone through a considerable deal of distress after the finding despite having no link to the tragedy.

     

    src

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Cameroon arrests five Nigerian pastor over politician’s abduction

    Pastor to die by hanging for killing landlord in Akwa Ibom

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kill 33 in fresh Kebbi attack

    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    Yoon: South Korea’s ex-president indicted for abuse of power

    Yoon: Ex-South Korea leader bags life sentence over insurrection

    Bolt has revealed that Isaac Satlat, the Nigerian student murdered by suspected carjackers in Pretoria, South Africa, was an illegal driver.

    Bolt reveals slain S’Africa-based Nigerian student worked illegally

    100 US troops arrive in Nigeria for counterterrorism support

    US to withdraw all troops from Syria

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    FCT: AMAC election peaceful, says ADC’s Paul Moses

    February 21, 2026
    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    FAAN warns travellers against selfie, filming others without consent

    February 21, 2026
    Voters were seen waiting for the commencement of voting on Saturday at the Lugbe polling center in Abuja, as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) struggled to complete preparations.

    FCT Election: Voting yet to begin at Lugbe polling unit

    February 21, 2026
    There was low voter turnout on Saturday morning at several polling units in the Abuja Municipal Area Council during the Federal Capital Territory Area Council elections.

    Low voter turnout recorded at some FCT polling units

    February 21, 2026
    Peller vows never to marry Nigerian woman, eyes foreign bride

    Peller escapes fire at Lagos mansion

    February 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.