Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    • Tinubu demands release of South Sudan VP Machar
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Why I offered Sanusi two appointments – El-Rufai

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorMarch 14, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Governor Nasir El-Rufai and dethroned Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II
    Governor Nasir El-Rufai and dethroned Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state has explained the rationale behind the appointments offered the deposed Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, by his administration.

    The Kaduna State Government had appointed Sanusi as the Vice Chairman of the state’s Investment Board as well as Chancellor of the State University, barely 72 hours after his dethronement as Emir of Kano.

    El-Rufai, while fielding questions from newsmen on Friday in Awe, Nasarawa state, when he came to visit the deposed monarch, said the Emir is a global asset that could turn around the economic fortunes of Kaduna state.

    The governor said the former first-class traditional ruler had been his confidant since their teens and that his visit to Awe was to encourage Sanusi in his moments of travail.

    According to El-Rufai, Sanusi is a global citizen with a network of contacts around the world that can bring a lot of investment to Kaduna state.

    • Court convicts SEMA boss for stealing IDP materials

    “In his position as Emir of Kano, I couldn’t have offered him the appointment because I believe he should be attracting investments to Kano state. But once he became available, I seized the opportunity to bring that value to Kaduna state,” the governor explained.

    On Sanusi’s appointment as the Chancellor of the state university, El-Rufai said it was to compensate for what he would have lost following his dethronement.

    He noted the tradition in the country, where first-class traditional rulers were always made Chancellors of universities, saying the appointment is to ensure he doesn’t feel any sense of loss.

    The governor said: “I believe he (Sanusi) will add a lot of value to the growth of our university, which will be a multi-campus varsity with a presence in seven out of the 23 local government areas of the state.

    “We believe he can help a lot in implementing that road map,” he said.

    The governor, who left Awe with the deposed Emir following the court order for his release, disclosed that Sanusi was heading to Lagos to be reunited with his family.

    The Governor and His Highness pic.twitter.com/1wATaK5UF6

    — Governor Kaduna (@GovKaduna) March 13, 2020

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.