Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    February 20, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings
    • Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community
    • Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum
    • N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays
    • Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 
    • Tinubu urges orderly conduct as Rivers, Kano, FCT vote Saturday
    • Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack
    • Plateau inaugurates panel to probe VIO misconduct
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    US jails YouTuber for crashing plane for views

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedDecember 5, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    YouTube to launch first official shopping channel
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    US investigators have jailed a YouTuber for six months after he deliberately crashed his plane for views and then lied about it.

    Trevor Jacob, 30, posted the video of the plane crash in December 2021, implying it was an accident. He ejected from the plane, selfie stick in hand, and parachuted down to land.

    Millions of people viewed the clip.

    In a plea agreement, Jacob said he filmed the video as part of a product sponsorship deal.

    The former Olympic snowboarder pleaded guilty earlier this year to one felony count of destruction and concealment with the intent to obstruct a federal investigation.

    Jacob “most likely committed this offence to generate social media and news coverage for himself and to obtain financial gain,” federal prosecutors in California said on Monday.

    • YouTube to launch first official shopping channel

    They further emphasized that tolerating this type of ‘daredevil’ conduct is unacceptable.

    In a statement, Jacob said that “this experience has been so humbling” and described the sentence as the “right decision.”.

    In November 2021, Jacob left a Santa Barbara, California, airport on a solo flight with cameras mounted on his plane. Along with the cameras, Jacob took a parachute with him, as well as a selfie stick.

    He “did not intend to reach his destination, but instead planned to eject from his aircraft during the flight and video himself parachuting to the ground and his aeroplane as it descended and rashed,” the US Attorney’s Office for the Central District of California said.

    The plane crashed into the Los Padres National Forest 35 minutes after take-off. Jacob hiked to the site and recovered the footage.

    He then uploaded the video entitled “I crashed my aeroplane” to YouTube on December 23, which contained a promotion for a wallet company, prosecutors said.

    Some YouTube viewers were sceptical of the crash, noting that Jacob was already wearing a parachute and made no attempt to land the plane safely.

    He reported the crash to the National Transportation Safety Board, which said he was responsible for preserving the wreckage. Jacob later claimed he did not know the location of the site.

    He did, and he returned by helicopter and secured and removed the wreckage, which he later destroyed, as the plea agreement states.

    Before its removal, the YouTube video accumulated nearly three million views.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu urges orderly conduct as Rivers, Kano, FCT vote Saturday

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    February 20, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    February 20, 2026
    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    February 20, 2026
    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.