Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    February 22, 2026
    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy
    • INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable
    • Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 
    • Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0
    • Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River
    • NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos
    • Mac Allister frantic finish seals Liverpool win over Nottingham 
    • US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 23
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    US airstrikes show Nigeria’s resolve to counter terrorism – DHQ

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoDecember 26, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    DHQ breaks silence on US troops’ presence in Nigeria
    Defence Headquarters, DHQ Nigeria
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The Nigerian Armed Forces has stated that the recent airstrikes by the US in the North West illustrate the Federal Government’s ongoing will to combat terrorism, which were carried out in coordination with the United States.

    Maj.-Gen. Samaila Uba, Director of Defence Information, stated this in a statement made on Friday in Abuja, stating that the action was based on credible intelligence and was targeted at reducing the terrorists’ operational capabilities while minimizing collateral damage.

    According to him, the strikes were carried out with the agreement of the competent authorities as part of ongoing efforts to clear the country of terrorists and other criminal elements endangering national security.

    “The Armed Forces of Nigeria, in conjunction with the United States of America, has successfully conducted precision strike operations against identified foreign ISIS-linked elements operating in parts of Northwest Nigeria,” Uba said.

    He added, “The strikes followed credible intelligence and careful operational planning aimed at degrading the operational capabilities of the terrorists while minimizing collateral damage.”

    Uba stated that the operation underscored the resolve of the Federal Government, working with strategic international partners, to confront transnational terrorism and prevent foreign fighters from establishing or expanding footholds within Nigeria.

    “This action clearly demonstrates the unwavering resolve of the Federal Government of Nigeria, in collaboration with strategic international partners, to confront transnational terrorism and prevent foreign fighters from gaining any foothold within our borders,” he said.

    The defense spokesman underlined the Armed Forces’ commitment to the protection of people and property throughout the country.

    “The Armed Forces of Nigeria remains fully committed to protecting the lives and property of Nigerians and will continue to support joint, inter-agency, and international efforts aimed at restoring lasting peace and security across the country,” Uba said.

    Earlier on Friday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs affirmed that Nigeria is still involved in organized security and intelligence collaboration with international partners, including the United States, to combat terrorism and violent extremism.

    According to a statement signed by the ministry’s spokesperson, Kimiebi Imomotimi Ebienfa, the engagement will include intelligence sharing, strategic coordination, and other forms of support in accordance with international law, mutual respect for sovereignty, and shared security responsibilities.

    The ministry emphasized that Nigeria’s counter-terrorism efforts are guided by the need to protect civilian lives, preserve national unity, and uphold the rights of all citizens, regardless of faith or ethnicity, and that terrorist violence against any religious or ethnic group is an affront to Nigeria’s values and international peace.

    The Foreign Affairs Ministry’s announcement came after US President Donald Trump announced on Thursday that US forces had conducted devastating attacks against Islamic State militants in Northwestern Nigeria.

    In a separate social media post, US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said Washington acted with the cooperation of the Nigerian government, expressing gratitude for Nigeria’s support during the operation.

    The US airstrikes came a day after a bomb attack on a mosque in Maiduguri, Borno State, which killed five people and injured many in what authorities suspect was a suicide bombing, highlighting ongoing security challenges in parts of the country.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) discovered a warehouse in Lagos State containing prohibited, fraudulent, and unregistered cosmetic products worth over ₦3 billion.

    NAFDAC confiscates banned, fake cosmetics worth N3bn in Lagos

    US deports 79 Nigerians on criminal list

    US Secret Service kills man trying to enter Trump’s estate

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    SERAP gives Tinubu seven days to scrap phone‑tapping law

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    Wike lauds FCT poll, says results reflect democracy

    February 22, 2026
    CAN rejects Shari’ah council’s call for INEC chair’s removal

    INEC to unveil new 2027 election timetable

    February 22, 2026
    Eze Arsenal's derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor's Tottenham

    Eze Arsenal’s derby hero again as leaders sink Tudor’s Tottenham 

    February 22, 2026
    Barcelona narrowly defeated Real Madrid in a five-goal clash to claim consecutive Spanish Super Cup titles in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

    Barcelona return to La Liga lead after thrashing Levante 3-0

    February 22, 2026
    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Lawmaker breaks silence on Obono-Obla’s arrest in Cross River

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.