Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The South African Police Service says a female suspect apprehended over the murder of a Nigerian e-hailing driver will be arraigned today.

    Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today

    February 16, 2026
    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    February 16, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today
    • 2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging
    • Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe
    • Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS
    • Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash
    • FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu
    • Arsenal reach FA Cup fifth round after thrashing Wigan 4-0
    • Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    UN adds Israeli military to war crime list as over 15,000 children die in assaults

    Vincent OsuwoBy Vincent OsuwoJune 8, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Israeli tank shelling kills 59 Gazans queuing for aid, dozens wounded
    Israeli tanks
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    The United Nations (UN) has added the Israeli military to a list of offenders failing to protect children, Israel’s ambassador to the UN says.

    Gilad Erdan, who said he had been notified of the decision on Friday, described the decision as “shameful.”.

    Foreign Minister Israel Katz said the decision would “have consequences for Israel’s relations with the UN.”.

    A spokesman for the Palestinian president told newsmen that the decision was a step closer to holding Israel accountable for what he called its crimes.

    Thousands of children have been killed in the country’s offensive against Hamas in Gaza, and thousands more are in desperate need of humanitarian assistance, the UN says.

    The secretary general’s yearly list includes the murder of children during hostilities, denying them access to help, and focusing on hospitals and schools.

    Next week, the UN Security Council will be presented with a report that includes it. The offences the Israeli army is alleged to have committed were not immediately apparent.

    According to rumours, the list would also include Palestinian Islamic Jihad and Hamas.

    Benjamin Netanyahu, the prime minister, declared that the Israeli military was the “most moral army in the world” and that the UN had joined the “blacklist of history.”.

    According to Israel’s National Council for the Child, Israel began its offensive after Hamas targeted neighbourhoods close to Gaza on October 7, 2018, killing around 1,200 people, including 38 children, and kidnapping 252 people, including 42 children.

    According to the Gaza-based health ministry administered by Hamas, Israeli ground strikes and airstrikes have killed 36,731 individuals since then.

    Based on information about identifiable remains provided by the Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza, the UN declared last month that at least 7,797 children had died during the conflict.

    The UN reduced the percentage of recorded deaths that were women and children from 69% to 52% of all deaths earlier this month.

    Israel said the decrease demonstrated the UN’s reliance on erroneous information from Hamas.

    The UN claims that instead of using data from the Government Media Office (GMO), which is controlled by Hamas, it is now depending on data from the health ministry in Gaza.

    Meanwhile, the GMO claims that over 15,000 children have died as a result of the war.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    The South African Police Service says a female suspect apprehended over the murder of a Nigerian e-hailing driver will be arraigned today.

    Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Wike bloc plans March 28 PDP convention after court victory

    FCT Poll: Wike to back only candidates who support Tinubu

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Miyetti Allah rejects US sanctions over terrorism allegations

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The South African Police Service says a female suspect apprehended over the murder of a Nigerian e-hailing driver will be arraigned today.

    Police to arraign suspect in S’Africa-based Nigerian student’s killing today

    February 16, 2026
    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    2027 votes must count, Obi warns election officials against rigging

    February 16, 2026
    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    Presidency links El-Rufai’s thallium sulphate claim to N432bn Kaduna corruption probe

    February 16, 2026
    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    Ribadu asks El-Rufai to provide proof of toxic chemical procurement to DSS

    February 15, 2026
    Rayo Vallecano defeated Atlético Madrid 3-0 in Butarque, exposing Atlético's fragile lineup and lifting Rayo out of the relegation zone.

    Rayo Vallecano thrash Atlético Madrid 3-0 in LaLiga clash

    February 15, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.