Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    February 20, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings
    • Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community
    • Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum
    • N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays
    • Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 
    • Tinubu urges orderly conduct as Rivers, Kano, FCT vote Saturday
    • Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack
    • Plateau inaugurates panel to probe VIO misconduct
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Saturday, February 21
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Twin bomb blast kills 10, injures 67 in Adamawa

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorDecember 9, 2016No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Landmine blast kills two soldiers in Benin Republic
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    FILE: Scene of a bomb blast in Maiduguri, Borno State
    FILE: Scene of a bomb blast in Maiduguri, Borno State

    Two explosions ripped through a bustling market in northeast Nigeria’s Madagali town, Adamawa State on Friday morning, killing at least 10 people and wounding 67, a survivor and an official said.

    The attack comes as Nigeria’s government claims it is routing the Boko Haram Islamic extremists blamed for the blasts.

    The blasts occurred on the edge of the extremist group’s Sambisa Forest stronghold, which Nigeria’s military has been bombing ahead of ground assaults.

    Since the military has dislodged the insurgents from towns and villages this year, they have been attacking soft targets.

    Madagali was liberated last year after months in the hands of Boko Haram. It is 150 kilometers (95 miles) southeast of the biggest northeastern city, Maiduguri.

    Friday’s blasts struck simultaneously at opposite ends of the market selling grains and vegetables, according to Ahmadu Gulak, a driver who was buying tea there.

    He told The Associated Press he counted at least 10 bodies in the Adamawa blast.

    At least 67 people were wounded and taken to a hospital for treatment, said spokesman Sani Datti of the National Emergency Management Agency.

    He did not have the number of dead.

    Police spokesman Othman Abubakar confirmed the blasts and said it was unclear if the attacks came from suicide bombers or planted explosives.

    A bus station near the same market was targeted by two women suicide bombers who killed at least 30 people in December 2015.

    In June, Boko Haram extremists opened fire on mourners at a funeral in Madagali, Adamawa killing 18 people.

    The attacks continue despite government and military assertions that the insurgents are on the run. President Muhammadu Buhari had declared the extremist group was “technically defeated” in December 2015.

    Last week, a year later, he said a multinational force from Nigeria and neighboring states is readying to “move simultaneously and spontaneously for us to see the end of Boko Haram.”

    Buhari said the insurgents “are done for” in the Lake Chad Basin bordering Nigeria, Chad and Niger.

    But the United Nations says more than 1 million people are believed trapped there by ongoing fighting without food or medical help.

    Boko Haram’s seven-year uprising has killed more than 20,000 people and forced 2.6 million from their homes.

    The United Nations has launched a $1 billion appeal to help 5.1 million people in danger of starvation, calling the crisis in northeast Nigeria the worst on the African continent.

    Buhari has accused the U.N. and aid agencies of exaggerating the crisis to seek donations.

    “The government seems to be more interested in managing perception,” Lagos-based SBM Intelligence analysts said Friday.

    Adding that much of the crisis “is rooted in the ineptitude of the (state) agencies involved, rife corruption causing diversion of the food aid, and the still-present threat of Boko Haram ambushes, which make the provision of supplies a risky undertaking.”

    AP has reported that children already are dying of acute malnutrition in the relatively accessible Maiduguri city.

    AP/MailOnline

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu urges orderly conduct as Rivers, Kano, FCT vote Saturday

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    February 20, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    February 20, 2026
    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    February 20, 2026
    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.