Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    FA Cup Crystal Palace whip Everton at Selhurst Park

    Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1

    February 19, 2026
    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    February 19, 2026
    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1
    • When African fans started reading the game like experts
    • Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans
    • NBA denies sharing $2,000 with SANs
    • Barinada Mpigi, Rivers senator dies at 64
    • Rivers assembly stops impeachment proceedings against Fubara
    • EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara
    • Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Travis Scott, Astroworld organisers sued for $750m

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 18, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Travis Scott
    Travis Scott
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    More than 125 people who were caught up in the deadly Astroworld music festival crush have sued rapper Travis Scott and other organisers for $750m (£556m).

    The family of Axel Acosta, 21, one of the 10 victims, are among those bringing the legal case in the US.

    It claims Scott and guest star Drake kept performing despite accounts of “lifeless bodies being passed through the crowd in full view of the stage”.

    Scott has said he was not aware of the tragedy until coming off stage.

    Last week, the rapper said he was “distraught” by the events in Houston, Texas, on 5 November, and promised to “provide aid” to every affected family.

    Fellow rapper Drake has said his “heart is broken for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone else who is suffering”.

    Papers filed in the US also name festival promoters Live Nation; technology giant Apple, which streamed the concert; Scott’s record labels Epic and Cactus Jack; the operators of Houston’s NRG Park venue; and firms who provided security and medical services.

    • 8 killed in stampede at Travis Scott’s concert

    The case claims that Acosta was “crushed by the incited, unruly and out-of-control crowd” and lay dying while the music continued for almost 40 minutes.

    “Certainly, neither Travis Scott nor his handlers, entourage, managers, agents, hangers on, promoters, organizers or sponsors cared enough about Axel to make even a minimal effort to keep him and the others at the concert safe,” it said.

    After the concert, Scott said on Instagram that he “could just never imagine the severity of the situation” while he was performing.

    Live Nation said in a statement: “We continue to support and assist local authorities in their ongoing investigation, so that both the fans who attended and their families can get the answers they want and deserve, and we will address all legal matters at the appropriate time.”

    Other defendants did not respond directly to requests for comment from US media.

    Dozens of cases have already been filed by survivors and families of those who died.

    Lawyer Tony Buzbee said he intends to file another case soon with 100 more plaintiffs.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    NBA denies sharing $2,000 with SANs

    NBA denies sharing $2,000 with SANs

    Senator Barinada Mpigi, the lawmaker representing Rivers South-East Senatorial District and Chairman of the Senate Committee on Works.

    Barinada Mpigi, Rivers senator dies at 64

    APC demands NASS takeover of Rivers Assembly

    Rivers assembly stops impeachment proceedings against Fubara

    EFCC accuses banks, fintechs of enabling N18.7bn fraud

    EFCC secures interim attachment order on nine mineral-laden trucks in Kwara

    Providus-Unity bank merger stalls over N4.8bn insider loans

    Unity Bank says merger with Providus firmly on track

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    FA Cup Crystal Palace whip Everton at Selhurst Park

    Crystal Palace waste lead to draw Zrinjski 1-1

    February 19, 2026
    Ghana fans at an Africa football game

    When African fans started reading the game like experts

    February 19, 2026
    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    Morocco seeks two years jail for 18 Senegalese fans

    February 19, 2026
    NBA denies sharing $2,000 with SANs

    NBA denies sharing $2,000 with SANs

    February 19, 2026
    Senator Barinada Mpigi, the lawmaker representing Rivers South-East Senatorial District and Chairman of the Senate Committee on Works.

    Barinada Mpigi, Rivers senator dies at 64

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.