Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    February 20, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings
    • Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community
    • Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum
    • N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays
    • Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 
    • Tinubu urges orderly conduct as Rivers, Kano, FCT vote Saturday
    • Lakurawa terrorists kill 33 in Kebbi’s attack
    • Plateau inaugurates panel to probe VIO misconduct
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Friday, February 20
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Time Magazine counters Trump over ‘Person of the Year’

    Chronicle EditorBy Chronicle EditorNovember 25, 2017No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    President Donald Trump and Time Magazine disagree on accounts leading to Man of the Year in 2016
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp
    President Donald Trump and Time Magazine disagree on accounts leading to Man of the Year in 2016

    Time Magazine is disputing US President Donald Trump’s account of how he rejected a request for an interview and photo shoot ahead of its Person of the Year issue.

    On Friday, Mr Trump tweeted that Time had called to say he was “probably” going to be named Person of the Year.

    Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!

    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 24, 2017

    But Time later said the president was incorrect about how it makes its choice.

    The president was awarded the title last year.

    He has previously falsely claimed that he holds the record for cover appearances on Time Magazine.

    The magazine’s tradition – begun in 1927 as “Man of the Year” – recognises the person who “for better or for worse… has done the most to influence the events of the year”.

    The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year. TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6.

    — TIME (@TIME) November 25, 2017

    Time said it did not comment on its choice until publication, and that its decision would be revealed on 6 December.

    READ: Housewife kills 40-day old step son in Katsina

    The publication invites readers to vote on who they think has earned the title, but the final decision is made by editors.

    A former editor of the magazine, Richard Stengel, said the use of the word “probably” meant Mr Trump had missed out on the accolade.

    In June, The Washington Post revealed that several of Mr Trump’s golf clubs prominently display a framed copy of a fake Time cover featuring several positive headlines and Trump as its cover.

    Richard Stengel referenced the report when he retweeted the president on Friday, adding the comment: “Hate to tell you but that probably means you’re not Person of the Year. They just wanted a photo shoot. But I’m sure you still have that fake Time cover somewhere in storage.”

    Hate to tell you but that PROBABLY means you’re NOT Person of the Year. They just wanted a photo shoot. But I’m sure you still have that fake TIME cover somewhere in storage. https://t.co/HkW1XkKxXK

    — Richard Stengel (@stengel) November 24, 2017

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Emergency rule: Court to decide if Tinubu can remove elected officials March 9

    Tinubu urges orderly conduct as Rivers, Kano, FCT vote Saturday

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    The Lagos State Internal Revenue Service has declared that it will use third-party agents to collect unpaid taxes from defaulting taxpayers, including banks, employers, debtors, tenants, and business partners.

    Lagos implements 5% withholding tax on gaming winnings

    February 20, 2026
    Oba Kehinde Falodun, the monarch of the Agamọ Community in the Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, was reportedly slain by suspected Terrorists.

    Terrorists kidnap three in fresh attack on Plateau community

    February 20, 2026
    President Bola Tinubu has expressed sadness over the demise of the Chief of Naval Operations of the Nigerian Navy, Rear Admiral Musa Katagum, who passed away on Thursday after a protracted illness.

    Tinubu mourns death of naval chief Katagum

    February 20, 2026
    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    N738m fraud case: Judge rebukes Maina over delays

    February 20, 2026
    Police arrest Buhari's ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    Police arrest Buhari’s ex-aide Obono-Obla over alleged certificate forgery 

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.