Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast
    • FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone
    • US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links
    • Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution
    • BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation
    • Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure
    • US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day
    • National Assembly moves to shift 2027 presidential poll to Feb13
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, February 16
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Thugs set church ablaze in Ondo

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedFebruary 12, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Fire razes two factories in Kwara
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    In Akure, the state capital of Ondo, some thugs stormed the Motailatu Church of God, Oke-Idahun Parish, setting it on fire and wrecking several nearby buildings.

    The branch of the Cherubim and Seraphim church is situated along Imafon Road in the state’s Akure North Local Government Area.

    Very Rev’d David Akinadewo-Adekahunsi, the resident minister, claimed in a statement that he found the attackers’ tracks when he arrived the grounds on Friday evening.

    He disclosed that what first caught his attention was the damaged lectern on the altar, and some broken bottles scattered around.

    The Minister, said to also be a journalist, disclosed that many plastic chairs belonging to the church and offering trays were set ablaze as well.

    He added that hymn books and other items kept in a room in the building were not spared, describing it as “the malicious damage brought upon the House of Prayer.”

    He said the prayer room was also touched by the hoodlums, as they damaged the window net.

    • JUST IN: Terrorists attack Church, burn priest to death in Niger

    It was gathered that they could not gain access to the prayer room because of the burglary proof. However, they succeeded in damaging the tithe box.

    The cleric noted that the matter had been reported at the Oda Divisional Police Headquarters, Akure.

    In Ondo State as well, terrorists attacked St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo town on June 5, 2022, killing scores of worshippers, and injuring several others.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    Ajaero slams Nigeria power privatisation as failure

    Nigerians ‘paying for darkness’, Ajaero slams power sector reform as failure

    US Embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    US embassy, consulate in Nigeria observe Presidents’ Day

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break

    Ramadan: EPL to pause matches so Muslim players can break fast

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    FG files charges against El-Rufai for intercepting Ribadu’s phone

    February 16, 2026
    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    US sanctions eight Nigerians over Boko Haram links

    February 16, 2026
    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    Protesters storm EFCC office demanding El-Rufai’s prosecution

    February 16, 2026
    DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    BREAKING: DSS charges El-Rufai over interception of Ribadu’s phone conversation

    February 16, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.