Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
    • 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
    • NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
    • Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
    • Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings
    • Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2
    • Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’
    • Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Man City re-sign Gundogan from Barcelona

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedAugust 23, 2024No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Man City re-sign Gundogan from Barcelona
    Man City re-sign Gundogan from Barcelona
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Manchester City have completed the signing of former captain Ilkay Gundogan from Barcelona on an initial one-year deal with the option of a further 12 months.

    The German midfielder, who was Pep Guardiola’s first signing at the club in 2016, spent seven years at City before joining Barcelona on a free transfer in 2023.

    The 33-year-old won 14 trophies in his first spell at the Etihad, scoring 60 goals in 304 appearances.

    “My seven years at Manchester City were a time of pure contentment for me, both on and off the pitch,” said Gundogan.

    “Everyone knows the respect I have for Pep – he is the best manager in the world and working with him every day makes you a better player.

    • Arsenal reject £25m for Nketiah, Man City to re-sign Gundogan

    “Honestly, I cannot wait to wear the City shirt again.”

    Despite an impressive debut campaign in Spain, Barcelona decided to part with Gundogan after struggling to register new signing Dani Olmo due to the club’s financial issues.

    He was one of the club’s highest earners and his departure on a free transfer will help Barcelona comply with La Liga spending restrictions.

    “I am leaving in a difficult situation, but if my departure can help the club financially, it makes me a bit less sad,” he wrote on Instagram following the announcement.

    Gundogan added he had been “looking forward to helping my team-mates in the new campaign” but he was “grateful” to have spent 12 months at the club.

    Capped 82 times for Germany, Gundogan announced his international retirement following the country’s Euro 2024 exit in the quarter-finals to Spain.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Fernandes

    Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2

    Xabi Alonso reacts as reports link him with the Chelsea manager’s job.

    Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season

    Iran confirms squad for 2026 World Cup

    Iran confirms squad for 2026 World Cup

    Xabi Alonso reacts as reports link him with the Chelsea manager’s job.

    Xabi Alonso agrees four-year deal as Chelsea manager — Fabrizio Romano

    Manchester City FA Cup Final Winners 2026

    BREAKING: Man City beat Chelsea to win FA Cup for seventh time

    Mexico teachers to protest during world cup

    Mexico: Teachers threaten World Cup protests over salary proposal

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    May 17, 2026
    Benue: Protesting Plateau women destroy military checkpoints over killings

    Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.