Close Menu
Chronicle NG
    Trending Stories
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency
    • 65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak
    • NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets
    • Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction
    • Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings
    • Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2
    • Frank Edoho laments, says ‘I don’t want to die because of a woman’
    • Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Chronicle NGChronicle NG
    Subscribe
    Monday, May 18
    • News
      • Nigeria News
      • World News
      • Headlines News
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Sport
    • Entertainment
    • Contact Us
    Chronicle NG

    Man City must ‘think’ about De Bruyne’s future, says Guardiola

    Opalim LiftedBy Opalim LiftedJanuary 3, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp
    Man City must ‘think’ about De Bruyne’s future, says Guardiola
    Kevin de Bruyne
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp

    Pep Guardiola admits Manchester City have to “think” about the future of injury-hit midfielder Kevin De Bruyne, who is out of contract at the end of the season.

    The 33-year-old has been frustrated by injuries over the past two seasons and has made just eight Premier League starts in the current campaign.

    De Bruyne, who joined City in 2015, is able to speak to foreign clubs from this month, with a view to leaving on a free transfer at the end of the season.

    The Belgium international has been one of the club’s standout players over the past decade, winning six Premier League titles and the Champions League.

    Guardiola was asked on Friday if he had held talks with De Bruyne over potentially extending his stay but the City boss said it was “not my business”.

    “He’s had problems in the last year and a half, like this year many, many players, but of course when he is consistent and fit and he can play regularly he is a really important player for us, a decisive player,” he said.

    • De Bruyne’s double leads Belgium to a 3-1 win over Israel in Nations League opener

    The City boss said a decision on a potential deal would depend on a number of factors including performances and De Bruyne’s age, adding: “I think the club has to think about it.”

    City’s Premier League title defence has collapsed in recent months — last week’s win against Leicester was just their second win in 14 games in all competitions.

    The English champions, who host West Ham on Saturday, are sixth in the Premier League, 14 points behind leaders Liverpool, having played a game more.

    Guardiola said it was difficult to complete deals in January and that City, who have suffered badly with injuries this season, must only sign players who suit the long-term ambitions of the club.

    “It will not be easy. Maybe we sign, maybe we don’t sign anyone,” he said. “The club has to be wise. Don’t do it just to do it.

    “We want to add players for the situation that we have because the players have consistent injuries many times.

    “(The) club has to do it but I’m not sure if it will be possible.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Telegram WhatsApp

    Keep Reading

    Fernandes

    Bruno Fernandes equals assist record as Man United beat Forest 3-2

    Xabi Alonso reacts as reports link him with the Chelsea manager’s job.

    Chelsea appoint Alonso as new manager after turbulent season

    Iran confirms squad for 2026 World Cup

    Iran confirms squad for 2026 World Cup

    Xabi Alonso reacts as reports link him with the Chelsea manager’s job.

    Xabi Alonso agrees four-year deal as Chelsea manager — Fabrizio Romano

    Manchester City FA Cup Final Winners 2026

    BREAKING: Man City beat Chelsea to win FA Cup for seventh time

    Mexico teachers to protest during world cup

    Mexico: Teachers threaten World Cup protests over salary proposal

    Subscribe to News

    Be the first to get the latest news updates from ChronicleNG about world, sports, politics etc

    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    WHO declares DR Congo, Uganda Ebola outbreak global health emergency

    May 17, 2026
    Health workers responding to Ebola outbreak in DR Congo Ituri province

    65 dead as DR Congo confirms new Ebola outbreak

    May 17, 2026
    Packets of counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets flagged by NAFDAC over fake batch numbers and health risks in Nigeria.

    NAFDAC warns Nigerians over counterfeit Augmentin 625mg tablets

    May 17, 2026
    Security concerns rise in Oyo communities as schools shut following student abduction in Oriire LGA.

    Oyo shuts schools after students, principal abduction

    May 17, 2026
    Benue: Protesting Plateau women destroy military checkpoints over killings

    Benue youths protest during APC primaries, reject political activities over killings

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Politics
    • News
    • Sports
    • Business
    • About Us
    © 2026 ChronicleNG

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.